Dow Jones futures show US stock exchange due to open 1,200 points down shaking Wall Street
The Dow Jones suffered its worst day since August 2011 yesterday with a record fall of 1,600 points as investors grappled with rising bond yields and potentially firming inflation.
Analysts said yesterday’s data pointed to more heavy losses on opening today with futures pointing to the market opening 1,200 points down.
But they acknowledged the markets were extremely volatile and said late night prices may look very different from stocks at the opening bell.
Scott Redler, partner with T3Live.com, said the best case scenario for the US markets would be falls on opening followed by a reversal... read more
- 12:42 More than 80 applications for Chester FC manager's vacancy received
- 12:42 Senior MPs to force customs union vote
- 12:42 Chelsea captain Gary Cahill wants to prove himself all over again...
- 12:42 New services to help victims of sexual violence
- 12:41 Mum and wife speaks out about the devastation of bowel cancer
- 12:40 Volunteer Hall is now community owned
- 12:40 Agents lose income as Betterware catalogue goes into administration
- 12:39 Mum and wife speaks out about the devastation of bowel cancer
- 12:39 Police divers and drone search Barrow's Cavendish Dock following...
- 12:39 New services to help victims of sexual violence
- 12:39 Manchester City stars arrive for training as Pep Guardiola's...
- 12:38 Armed police point guns towards house during raid
- 12:38 A Cheese Festival is coming to Birmingham this weekend
- 12:38 Jack Wilshere and Wolves - everything you need to know
- 12:38 New services to help victims of sexual violence
- 12:38 Police confirm Dale Winton’s death is not being treated as suspicious
- 12:37 REVEALED: Take a look inside the most expensive home on sale in...
- 12:37 Three-car pile-up on A46 leaves two injured: What we know so far
- 12:37 Iceland launch spicy chicken thighs claimed to be world's hottest
- 12:36 Body found in search for missing Cumbrian woman not seen for five...
- 12:36 Man charged with attempted murder and rape of woman in Derbyshire...
- 12:36 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Friday, April 20, in...
- 12:36 Mum and wife speaks out about the devastation of bowel cancer
- 12:35 "Please give my baby's presents back!" Grieving Batley mother's...
- 12:35 Councillor suspended over abusive online comments
- 12:34 Mum's shock as son, 9, sees sexual images in art exhibition window...
- 12:34 Care homes to open their doors to community for national event
- 12:33 Member of Frankley Killers gang jailed for organising hit on...
- 12:33 Police officer who deliberately knocked down suspect can keep his job
- 12:33 Mohammed Zammar: German jihadist 'detained by Syrian Kurds'