Donington man fails in bid to get blackmail jail sentence lifted
A boxing enthusiast who waged a campaign of intimidation against a ticket-selling website after demanding £650,000 has failed in a bid to clear his name.
Ross Connor mounted an aggressive and menacing campaign against Viagogo.
He went on the warpath after some tickets he sold for an Arsenal match were confiscated from the people who bought them.
The 35-year-old, who lived in Town Dam Lane, Donington, when sentenced, was locked up for three years.
At the Old Bailey in August last year, he was found guilty of blackmail and was also handed a restraining order.
Connor challenged his conviction... read more
- 07:50 Is Kodi illegal? A judge has had the final say on fully-loaded boxes
- 07:49 Woman, 35, arrested over murder of daughter, 3, is ‘science teacher’
- 07:48 Sun seeking Brits are paying the price for being a nation of...
- 07:47 Suicidal thoughts on rise amongst children
- 07:44 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:44 Property Insider: Homes you can buy for £50,000 or less
- 07:42 Sun seeking Brits are paying the price for being a nation of...
- 07:41 Rafa Benitez explains why he left out Newcastle’s Aleksandar Mitrovic
- 07:40 Crime round-up from towns and villages in North Lincolnshire
- 07:40 First Class 2017: See pictures of new starters at schools across...
- 07:40 Six of the most haunted places in North Lincolnshire
- 07:39 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:38 Banbury woman crashes past haters with song recorded by famous...
- 07:36 14 of the best places to get a Sunday roast in Gwynedd
- 07:36 13 of the most haunted hotels in North Wales you can stay the night
- 07:36 Here's how to get tickets for The Killers extra UK arena tour date
- 07:36 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:35 Harrogate Advertiser archives: 10, 20 and 30 years ago this week
- 07:34 Man handed suspended jail term after telling relative 'no college,...
- 07:32 WEEKEND WEB: Lincolnshire Free Press letters...
- 07:31 FARMING MATTERS: Calls for government to support arable farmers
- 07:31 Explosives experts called to Sellafield
- 07:25 FARMING MATTERS: Calls for government to support arable farmers
- 07:24 MotoGP star Valentino Rossi discusses poor Phillip Island session:...
- 07:24 Mesut Ozil angry at speculation surrounding Arsenal future and...
- 07:23 Worksop chef’s catering firm derailed after boozy collision
- 07:21 Birdwatch: Unmistakable notes of a wintering warbler
- 07:18 North Korea’s battle plan: How Kim could HACK Trump’s defence ships...
- 07:15 New iPhone scam which gives hackers easy access to your details
- 07:13 Manchester United player Eric Bailly return date confirmed