Donald Trump's Scottish golf courses lose £9 million last year
DONALD Trump’s Scottish golf courses lost more than £9 million last year, new figures have revealed.
Accounts for the businessman’s resorts at the Menie Estate in Aberdeenshire and Turnberry in Ayrshire show they both made losses.
The US presidential candidate opened the Trump International Golf Links in the north-east of Scotland in 2012 following a battle with environmental campaigners opposed to the construction of a course on protected sand dunes.
Donald Trump, whose representatives had initially said they would spend up to £1 billion on the development, hailed the course as the... read more
- 08:27 Plan for continental-style outdoor seating at tapas and cocktail bar
- 08:27 Social worker sacked and suspended after assault
- 08:27 Bill Jamieson: End of an era for UK income funds
- 08:26 Former mining community honoured with new Ray Lonsdale statue
- 08:26 Drivers warned to beware on icy North East roads
- 08:26 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 08:26 Pupils ‘must be taught British values’ claims Westminster review
- 08:25 Missing teenage girl has not been seen for almost a week
- 08:23 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:22 HK stocks hit 2-wk low on Italian "no" vote, muted response to...
- 08:21 BMW workers remotely lock stolen car – with the thief still inside it
- 08:20 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:20 Bells will be ringing out for Christmas...
- 08:20 WATCH: Sneak preview of Last Tango in Halifax Christmas special
- 08:19 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists his side do not have an...
- 08:18 Penarth neighbours create 'living' advent calendar
- 08:18 Barrow 'superstar' brothers up for festive prize in Christmas Star...
- 08:18 Storm Desmond - what happened
- 08:18 Early Christmas present for Barrow teenage girl with cerebral palsy...
- 08:18 Pledge to stop elderly patients leaving Barrow hospital in the dark
- 08:18 Choking Ulverston barman made to wait 50 minutes for an ambulance
- 08:17 RBS settles three claims over 2008 fund raising
- 08:16 Drivers warned to beware on icy North East roads
- 08:15 McDonald’s worker installed spy camera in the women’s toilets
- 08:15 British tour company worker stabbed to death in Finland
- 08:15 Fiver campaigner seeks bank of England meeting
- 08:14 UK health firm Cambian to sell adult services unit for 377 mln stg
- 08:13 Lancaster antiques centre expands after popular furniture dealer...
- 08:13 Alexis Sanchez is now convinced his best position is as a striker,...
- 08:13 Proposed boundary changes divide local Labour parties