Don't vent your local plan anger at us - tell the government, says council leader
Protesters hoping to vent their anger at a high profile planning meeting are barking up the wrong tree, a council chief has said.
Kirklees Council leader, Clr David Sheard, has told local residents and businesses they will be better served directing their views on the Local Plan to government officials NOT at councillors.
But deputy leader of the Conservative group, Clr Martyn Bolt, disagreed and has urged people to have their say.
The crunch meeting on Wednesday is set to see all 69 councillors rule on whether the controversial master plan for development in the borough should go ahead.... read more
- 21:15 Emotional appeal to bring missing dog Buster home for Christmas
- 21:14 Are these the most embarrassing lies EVER? Hilarious posts from...
- 21:15 Record-setting rally pushes on as laggards get legs
- 21:14 Facebook set to turn comments on popular posts into popup chat...
- 21:14 Take a trip over Mawrth Vallis: Stunning simulated flyover of...
- 21:14 From smiley faces on Mars to astronauts jumping across the lunar...
- 21:07 FOR THE WEEK, THE DOW ROSE 3.1 PCT, THE S&P GAINED 3.1 PCT AND THE...
- 21:06 It's official - Derbyshire is one of the luckiest places to buy a...
- 21:04 Drug dealer jailed after posting selfies with massive wads of cash
- 21:02 Louth man’s child abduction and sex abuse trial date set for April
- 21:00 Ajax manager: Why this player is really at Chelsea
- 20:58 Dean Smith: why crowd could be key for Burton Albion at Brentford
- 20:57 Ghana's president Mahama concedes election defeat
- 20:56 Is Bakewell Winter Wonderland under fire again?
- 20:54 Obama orders review into 'Russian hacking' before US election
- 20:54 Philippines president tells people to deal with his mass killings...
- 20:52 Oil traders prepare flotilla to ship U.S. exports to Asia
- 20:46 A mistake to knock down any of Derby Royal Infirmary 'onion' domes,...
- 20:45 Ghana president admits defeat in poll
- 20:45 Lebanese government must be formed as soon as possible - Hezbollah
- 20:45 Ghana president Mahama concedes election - aide to opposition leader
- 20:43 Donald Trump phone call to Nicola Sturgeon
- 20:41 First look inside new Scunthorpe town centre restaurant
- 20:41 Two vehicle crash on busy Scunthorpe road
- 20:38 Murderer jailed for 1986 rape thanks to DNA testing advances
- 20:37 Egypt security forces hit by two bombings in a single day
- 20:34 Theresa May is urged to halt Rupert Murdoch's $22bn deal to...
- 20:32 Jamie Carragher picks Chelsea legend in ultimate five-a-side of...
- 20:31 Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez discusses his love for dogs Atom...
- 20:29 Prime Minister backs Lincolnshire Farmers over Brexit