Don't use these 'danger' tumble dryers, warn fire chiefs
Home-owners with faulty Whirlpool tumble dryers must stop using them immediately after one of the machines was found to be the cause of a huge tower block blaze, fire chiefs have said.
London Fire Brigade renewed its campaign to make white goods safer following a "painstaking" investigation into the blaze in an 18-storey building in Shepherd's Bush in August, which took 120 firefighters to bring under control.
The brigade said it believed a faulty Indesit tumble dryer was the cause, adding that parent company Whirlpool should change its advice to customers so that any dryers... read more
- 12:24 Kelly Clarkson: 'When I was really skinny I wanted to kill myself'
- 12:24 Halloween in The Octagon shopping centre in Burton this half term
- 12:23 Burton Albion players to raise money for Children in Need with...
- 12:23 Why armed police officers are also 999 life-savers
- 12:23 Lincolnshire has second biggest pothole problem in East Midlands
- 12:21 Fantastic! Poppy Prom tops £40,000 to support our war veterans
- 12:20 £300k investment in Chester car dealership site
- 12:20 Train fire caused disruption between Chester and Crewe
- 12:20 Budding Barra footballer makes 320-mile round-trip to mainland for...
- 12:20 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 12:20 Man City vs Wolves: Guardiola's dilemma; Nuno's positive approach;...
- 12:19 Michael Winner: Coronation Street actress claims director told her...
- 12:19 Leicester drop plans to appeal Adrien Silva's registration to CAS...
- 12:19 Company donates defibrillator to community
- 12:19 Daydreaming brain network used in autopilot
- 12:18 Last ever Inspector George Gently episode gets its TV date - find...
- 12:17 Ulverston man to appear in court after alleged £16,000 theft
- 12:17 Three inch pocket knife lands man in court
- 12:17 Alleged heroin and crack cocaine dealer in Barrow to appear in court
- 12:17 Driver accused of not paying for petrol three times in Barrow
- 12:17 'David and Goliath' victory stops hundreds of homes being built at...
- 12:17 PICTURES: 31 stone Sheffield man to star in new TV show filmed at...
- 12:17 Company donates defibrillator to community
- 12:16 Rotary Club of Melton Belvoir and Rotary Club of Melton Mowbray...
- 12:16 Company donates defibrillator to community
- 12:16 Surcharge plan on parking permits for diesel cars in Edinburgh
- 12:15 Ashbourne's free fireworks display set to wow the town
- 12:15 Man Utd news: Silvestre explains why Arsenal's Ozil wouldn’t last...
- 12:14 Demolition work to go-ahead for new 102 bed care home in heart of...
- 12:14 Clean up operation continues after Calderdale homes damaged by floods