Don't rush to interpret Brexit vote hit - Bank of England's Broadbent
Bank of England Deputy Governor Ben Broadbent said Britain's economy has performed "somewhat more strongly" after June's Brexit vote than the BoE had expected, but it was too soon to say what that meant, if anything, for the longer term.
"There's little doubt that the economy has performed better than surveys suggested immediately after the referendum and, although we aimed off those significantly, somewhat more strongly than our near-term forecasts as well," Broadbent said in a speech at the Wall Street Journal's offices in London.
The reasons for the moderate impact of... read more
- 16:50 Leganes vs Real Madrid, LIVE score: Latest La Liga updates as...
- 16:50 Grandmother and devoted church worker Beryl was a friend to many
- 16:48 Emmanuel Macron unveils plans to crack down on immigration
- 16:48 Anger after junior football pitches vandalised – again
- 16:47 Which Chelsea player nabbed Lionel Messi’s shirt after...
- 16:47 Staffordshire Police issue warning over flight ticket fraud
- 16:47 KFC in Burton REOPENS as chicken shortage eases
- 16:47 Ashbourne main road closed due to police incident
- 16:47 Unforgotten season 3 release date, cast, trailer, plot: When is the...
- 16:47 Heavy drinking is linked to high risk of getting dementia before...
- 16:47 The incredible Spotify scam that created a millionaire: Bulgarian...
- 16:47 Strong winds force SpaceX to delay the launch of the first of...
- 16:46 Class A drugs worth half-a-million pounds and more than £250k...
- 16:46 Ebooks are not 'stupid' – they're a revolution
- 16:46 When real-life protest imitates art – from Three Billboards to...
- 16:46 Peak Park woodlands’ care is target of £50,000 appeal
- 16:45 Barrow man to stand trial for alleged threatening behaviour
- 16:45 Sutton gin thieves arrived in search of work
- 16:44 Peak Park woodlands’ care is target of £50,000 appeal
- 16:44 PICTURES: Buxton Opera House’s milestone West Side Story production
- 16:44 Ashbourne main road closed due to police incident
- 16:44 Corrosive chemicals stolen from lorry
- 16:44 St Joseph’s primary stars win Elizabethan Academy debating competition
- 16:44 Fun day and a dip to raise £3k for Barney
- 16:44 The news that's eggs-actly what you want to hear – KFC in Chester...
- 16:44 Sutton gin thieves arrived in search of work
- 16:43 Man’s rare ‘holographic’ python is a shimmering beauty (unless you...
- 16:42 Peak Park woodlands’ care is target of £50,000 appeal
- 16:42 Nurse from Sleaford area convicted of stealing morphine from...
- 16:42 Sutton gin thieves arrived in search of work