Don't expect JGB supply to run out for QE - BOJ Gov Kuroda
Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said on Thursday that he does not expect the central bank will run out of government bonds to purchase for its quantitative easing programme.
Kuroda, speaking in the upper house budget committee, also said the BOJ is prohibited from directly underwriting government debt and that the BOJ conducts all its debt purchases in the secondary market.
Kuroda also said quantitative easing will not lead to hyperinflation.
(Reporting by Stanley White; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- 12:37 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:37 Two taken to hospital after car flipped over near Old Red Lion in...
- 12:37 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:37 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:36 Observatory marks milestone with the launch of a new facility
- 12:35 Police want to trace this man in connection with meat thefts
- 12:35 How will the Spireites’ relegation from the Football affect...
- 12:35 Coronation Street spoilers: Alison King and Kym Marsh film mystery...
- 12:34 Dogs are taking over the anti-Brexit campaign with Wooferendum posters
- 12:33 Employees go the extra mile for Hatton Park based children’s charity
- 12:33 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 UK retail sales continue to disappoint in April
- 12:31 Film festival returns to The Dukes in Lancaster
- 12:31 Indian dancing session at Halton Mill
- 12:30 Celebrations as £2m campaign completed
- 12:30 'Alcohol' pilots cleared after evidence blunder
- 12:30 Durham clash is now crucial for the County
- 12:29 Do you know how to look after your bra properly? When to wash and...
- 12:29 Swaziland has a new name - eSwatini - but what else has changed?
- 12:29 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:29 Michael Cohen: Trump's lawyer to plead Fifth Amendment in Daniels case
- 12:29 Employees go the extra mile for Hatton Park based children’s charity
- 12:28 Major planning hurdle cleared for Harrogate Town's stadium overhaul
- 12:27 How much will Jose Mourinho want to beat Arsene Wenger one last...
- 12:27 Sunderland manager Chris Coleman admits he's unsure of...
- 12:27 Former Manchester United boss Louis Van Gaal claims that he has...
- 12:27 NFL Draft 2018: Josh Allen set for Cleveland Browns NOT Sam Darnold...
- 12:27 School’s out for good: Some of the Fylde coast’s lost schools
- 12:24 Serious damage caused to Royal Bank of Scotland building in Matlock...