Dog 'hanging' video appears on Facebook
A video which appears to show a dog being hanged in Belfast has appeared on Facebook.
The distressed animal can be heard struggling in the footage as a voice calls to those responsible to stop what they are doing.
Police said they were appealing for witnesses to come forward.
In a Facebook post, the PSNI North Belfast said the video was "hard to watch".
"What we need are witnesses to come forward to help us bring this person to justice," they added.
The video is thought to have been captured by a passer-by.
- 00:21 Matt Hancock: schools across the UK should ban mobile phones
- 00:20 86-year-old 'King of the Road' lands pot-hole payout, wins...
- 00:20 The Yorkshire Post says: Chris Grayling survives again. Another...
- 00:17 Sudoku 4091 medium
- 00:17 Salvini’s ‘Roma register’ marks a dangerous step towards fascism
- 00:16 Up in smoke: Is the vape shop boom about to end?
- 00:15 UK urged to make 'traffic light' food labelling mandatory
- 00:13 Commons set for Brexit vote showdown
- 00:10 New British army chief urges shift towards tech-driven warfare
- 00:09 The Yorkshire Post says: Cannabis case. William Hague highlights...
- 00:08 Which? calls on government to fix food labelling 'chaos'
- 00:06 Rural residents hang up on mobile banking, regulator finds
- 00:06 UK urged to make 'traffic light' food labelling mandatory
- 00:06 Sampdoria president appears to confirm Lucas Torreira’s move...
- 23:51 JCB X Series excavator 'best machine they've ever made'
- 23:46 Urgent appeal for missing woman last seen close to Anfield Cemetery
- 23:41 Trump drives Australian trust in US to all-time low
- 23:35 General Electric drops out of Dow index
- 23:34 Maurizio Sarri tells friends he wants to sign Dries Mertens...
- 23:27 Chester FC joint-boss Anthony Johnson on £1million donation and how...
- 23:13 Guardian's Amelia Gentleman wins prize for Windrush reporting
- 23:10 Harry Kane: ‘The challenge is to be up there with Ronaldo and Messi’
- 23:10 Jack Wilshere confirms Arsenal exit due to ‘reduced playing time’...
- 23:10 Raheem Sterling and supporting cast must find shooting boots
- 23:10 Ascot’s beefed up security measures have desired effect on day one
- 23:10 England’s Mike Brown says abusive fan had no right to accuse him of...
- 23:10 Ruben Loftus-Cheek in line to start for England against Panama
- 23:10 Big business pushes for curbs on class action lawsuits
- 23:10 US quits UN human rights council – 'a cesspool of political bias'
- 23:06 Italy’s new interior minister calls for Roma registry