Does Frankfurt REALLY want to pinch all the jobs from the City? Nein! (But the German city has got a few things going for it)
Frankfurt, we are told, is the new London. Thousands of bankers are about to turn their backs on Canary Wharf, bid farewell to the bright lights and hot-foot it to Germany.
In a post-Brexit world, the City is over. Or so we are warned.
But are bankers – and equally important, their wives and girlfriends – really going to trade their chi-chi London lifestyles for a provincial German city?
First, a confession. I have been in love with London ever since I first visited as a ten-year-old girl and vowed that, one day, I would become a Fleet Street journalist. Frankfurt will have to work hard to... read more
- 02:05 Prison investment to fund body cameras and 'incapacitant spray'
- 01:53 Kyrie Irving SHUTS down LeBron James heckle with obscene response -...
- 01:38 Bradford baby death: Woman arrested on suspicion of murder
- 01:38 Labour demands changes to Brexit repeal bill
- 01:35 Will Australia's 'miracle economy' keep on winning?
- 01:33 EastEnders spoilers: Will Ian Beale find Jane after her disappearance?
- 01:27 Why more people are running marathons in all 50 US states
- 01:22 Woman, 23, arrested as baby dies after fall from sixth-floor window
- 01:22 10 great new scary movies to watch on Netflix
- 01:22 Former Eton pupil named as mastermind behind alleged multi-million...
- 01:20 Valencia 4-0 Sevilla: Simone Zaza scores again as Marcelino Garcia...
- 01:14 Hamburg 0-1 Bayern Munich: Champions go level with Borussia...
- 01:14 West Brom star Jonny Evans set for scan on groin injury as Northern...
- 01:14 Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony offers £1,000 reward for...
- 01:12 Partition 70 years on: When tribal warriors invaded Kashmir
- 01:12 Indonesia's secret nudist community defying the law
- 01:12 WHO chief 'rethinking' Robert Mugabe's appointment
- 01:10 Home-buying to be 'faster and less stressful' following review
- 00:59 Monaco 2-0 Caen: Ligue 1 champions stay on PSG's tail after Keita...
- 00:59 Director of rugby Dai Young focused on 'turning things around at...
- 00:59 Anthony Joshua shows off his speed and readiness for Carlos Takam...
- 00:57 Brexit: Why a transition period may not buy more time for talks
- 00:56 Advice to patients to fast before surgery may be scrapped after...
- 00:56 Emmerdale spoilers: Cain Dingle saves Moira after she hits rock...
- 00:54 Ryan Burnett BEATS Zhanat Zhakiyanov to create boxing history
- 00:54 Darren Till shocks MMA with first round KO of Donald Cerrone in...
- 00:48 Ruth Sunderland: Mail on Sunday to campaign for a skilled ombudsman...
- 00:48 Scholes miss chance to move above leaders Morley
- 00:48 Hospitals spend £140 million on ‘rotting teeth’ in children
- 00:48 Kyron Webb Moston stabbing: Teens charged with murder