Doctors protest sale of Scottish-made bombs to Saudi Arabia calling on UK government to end arms deals
DOCTORS in Scotland are among hundreds of medics who’ve signed a letter calling on the UK Government to end arms sales to Saudi Arabia.
More than 200 doctors sent the letter to Dr Liam Fox, secretary of state for international trade.
They are all Medact, which was formed in 1992 and campaigns on health issues related to war and poverty.
Its letter said that war crime allegations levelled at a Saudi-led coalition at war in Yemen have included attacks on three Médecins Sans Frontières hospitals which killed patients and medical staff.
The Saudis lead a coalition of Arab states backing a... read more
- 09:37 My fantasy island really does exist! Falling for the Antiguan...
- 09:37 Mauritius is famous for its exclusive beach resorts, but follow in...
- 09:36 YouTube can now control what videos you see using powerful...
- 09:35 Eren is made up to reach final of awards
- 09:35 Dundee's V&A to take centre stage in palace exhibition at Venice...
- 09:35 Here comes Wirksworth playgroup’s bridal party
- 09:35 Age UK Bury champion Beryl Pilkington dies
- 09:35 Senior Tory tells May any NHS funding increase worth less than 4%...
- 09:34 Here comes Wirksworth playgroup’s bridal party
- 09:34 Extremist who left bacon at mosque ‘died in prison after...
- 09:34 Australian woman sentenced to death for drug offences in Malaysia
- 09:33 Burglars smash patio doors to enter Withern property
- 09:33 What does the San Francisco 49ers investment mean for the Leeds...
- 09:32 Australian cat-proof fence protects endangered species
- 09:28 Surprise surprise, men still dominate the top jobs in fashion
- 09:27 Man Utd transfer news: Spurs duo Victor Wanyama and Toby...
- 09:27 Profile: Jack Ross is hands-on and will demand dynamism, intensity...
- 09:26 Police officers attacked with table leg in Sheffield
- 09:26 Thousands step out for Children’s Cancer Run
- 09:25 Burglars were caught out by their snow tracks
- 09:25 People who eat seafood have more sex
- 09:25 Long-serving Brechin goalkeeper Graeme Smith joins Stenhousemuir
- 09:25 Dundee managing director John Nelms admits club are prepared to...
- 09:25 Dens Park could carry name of sponsor in its title next season
- 09:25 Liverpool team news: Jurgen Klopp’s likely 4-3-3 line-up for...
- 09:25 New Chelsea manager: Maurizio Sarri to talk with Blues TODAY over...
- 09:25 Chelsea ready to let Alvaro Morata quit Stamford Bridge for just £13m
- 09:23 What’s on in the Pocklington and district area over the next couple...
- 09:23 My high point of musical year
- 09:23 Castle celebrates county’s big day