Doctors 'know too little about nutrition and exercise'
Most doctors are ill-equipped to tackle Britain’s growing epidemic of lifestyle-related diseases because they know worryingly little about how nutrition and exercise can improve health, a group of prominent medics has claimed.
“There is a lack of knowledge and understanding of the basic evidence for the impact of nutrition and physical activity on health among the overwhelming majority of doctors. This has its roots in the lack of early formal training,” they state in a letter to the Medical Schools Council (MSC) and General Medical Council (GMC).
They warn that the government’s ambition to... read more
- 17:23 Foundations singer Clem Curtis dies aged 76
- 17:22 Ronaldo and Ronaldinho open up on who threw the best parties for...
- 17:22 Could your bridal party be on new TV show Always The Bridesmaid?
- 17:21 Have your say on Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- 17:20 CCTV appeal after religious hate crime' in Derbyshire village
- 17:19 Which Derbyshire sites are among the UK’s most visited tourist...
- 17:18 Wham! star Andrew Ridgeley slams Channel 5 George Michael documentary
- 17:18 The everyday items you should NEVER buy from a supermarket
- 17:18 Driver alert! Swan 'moving lane to lane' near Barnetby Top
- 17:18 Why vegan mothers are more likely to have children who perform...
- 17:18 Spotted: Ex-Man United ace hospitalises opponent with vicious elbow...
- 17:18 Australia cricket captain labels India star a 'f***ing cheat' after...
- 17:17 FTSE hits one-month low as miners, Babcock slide
- 17:17 Tributes paid as loving Woodville couple die within days of each other
- 17:17 Devastation at district's loss of Royal British Legion hydrotherapy...
- 17:17 What is left when Peru's flood waters recede
- 17:15 Masood mother 'shocked and saddened'
- 17:15 Victim of terrifying sex assault in Glasgow sees off attacker with...
- 17:13 Leeds University Business School helps Yorkshire pupils to master...
- 17:12 Chance The Rapper sat in on kids’ Maths class at school and it was...
- 17:12 Devastation at district's loss of Royal British Legion hydrotherapy...
- 17:11 Ponteland are made to fight for their victory
- 17:11 Further police appeal following robbery in Beaudesert, Henley
- 17:11 'Unsophisticated' burglar caught by tracker belonging to his own mum
- 17:10 Police officer loses appeal against dismissal for misconduct
- 17:10 All change as new £1 coin poised to enter circulation – but...
- 17:10 Funding for new hub to support Bucks businesses
- 17:10 Crimewatch sex attacker jailed for more than five years
- 17:10 Zuma's recall of Gordhan from roadshow risked rating - S.Africa...
- 17:09 Writers group to launch second anthology of work