Doctors 'know too little about nutrition and exercise'
Most doctors are ill-equipped to tackle Britain’s growing epidemic of lifestyle-related diseases because they know worryingly little about how nutrition and exercise can improve health, a group of prominent medics has claimed.
“There is a lack of knowledge and understanding of the basic evidence for the impact of nutrition and physical activity on health among the overwhelming majority of doctors. This has its roots in the lack of early formal training,” they state in a letter to the Medical Schools Council (MSC) and General Medical Council (GMC).
They warn that the government’s ambition to... read more
- 06:33 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 06:32 Workers park van over three parking spaces at Morrisons
- 06:32 Spy-cam van patrols past school BEFORE parents break parking rules
- 06:32 Drivers say a complete ring road for Lincoln 'can't come soon enough'
- 06:31 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:31 Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism,...
- 06:28 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 06:28 ‘Drug den’ in Spalding town centre disabled loo
- 06:28 'Unsafe' care home in Leek threatened with closure if drastic...
- 06:28 New escape rooms to open in Hanley
- 06:28 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:28 MP’s calls for link road action falls on deaf ears
- 06:28 Jobless figures on rise in Fylde
- 06:28 Blackpool musicians urged to bid for aid
- 06:27 Derby news recap: The biggest stories in the last 24 hours
- 06:27 Tributes pour in for man who died after Derby Market Hall incident
- 06:26 Britain's 12 Brexit objectives - which are the most important?
- 06:26 Geordie Shore stars fuel rise in fake tans among men under 25
- 06:25 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:24 Petition calls for rail line to be re-opened
- 06:23 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:23 Man Utd January arrival on Jose Mourinho: I've always loved him......
- 06:21 Wicked the musical is returning to Birmingham Hippodrome
- 06:21 Turkish parliament approves more constitutional reform articles
- 06:21 Celtic fans adored Kris Commons but the club and midfielder are...
- 06:21 Woman in cash battle with ex-husband seeks anonymity
- 06:21 Celtic named in top 60 of Deloitte's list of richest clubs
- 06:21 Funeral of Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt to take place in Surrey
- 06:21 Rangers star Barrie McKay says he's desperate to lift Scottish Cup...
- 06:21 Sailors celebrate record-breaking triumph in world's toughest...