Doctors have made ‘remarkable’ progress with cure for HIV
A British man with HIV undergoing a pioneering treatment to cure him of the disease has shown ‘remarkable’ progress, doctors have told a newspaper.
Scientists treating the 44-year-old patient are now hopeful of a breakthrough in what has been described as ‘one of the first serious attempts at a full cure for HIV’.
The man, who has remained anonymous, is the first of 50 people to complete a trial using the two-stage attack on the deadly virus.
Theresa May won't call an early general election because it would cause 'instability' The research is being carried out by a collaboration of five of... read more
- 13:26 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur
- 13:25 Carlisle comes up trumps when it comes to clean air
- 13:25 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur
- 13:25 Dinosaur bones, shark teeth and crocodile armour at popular museum
- 13:25 Theresa May’s backdrop collapses again in Prime Ministerial...
- 13:25 Teen remanded over Wakefield city-centre stabbing
- 13:24 Top Grasmere chef proves he can handle the heat
- 13:24 A thief who struck at a shopping centre has been locked-up and...
- 13:23 Parents swap the suburban life for living on the open road in an...
- 13:23 'You can lose my suitcases but don't take my stroopwafel!' United...
- 13:23 Book review: The Blood Road, by Stuart MacBride
- 13:23 Book review: Assurances, by JO Morgan
- 13:23 Trader's €1bn deals voided after training platform mix-up
- 13:23 Nato chief says Trump-Putin meeting would not contradict policy
- 13:23 Iran's female football supporters make history at World Cup stadium...
- 13:23 Myrtle Allen obituary
- 13:23 Ulverston hailed as third best town in the country to live in
- 13:23 Ambulance crews get police award for work to try and save life of...
- 13:22 Measles cases are on the rise in Hull
- 13:22 Police record 86 cases of child grooming in Nottinghamshire in...
- 13:21 'The British Real Madrid ay we!' - Wolves fans react to that adidas...
- 13:21 Sophie Gradon's death sparks heartbroken tributes from Love Island...
- 13:21 Teen remanded over Wakefield city-centre stabbing
- 13:20 Aasma Day: Textspeak can leave parents off message
- 13:18 Road trip playlist tips – name the tunes you sing along to
- 13:18 What does running do to your brain?
- 13:17 Watch teenager winched to safety after being trapped near Ben Nevis...
- 13:17 Johnny Hubbard dies aged 87 as Rangers pay tribute to legend
- 13:17 Seafront restaurant serves up 20 jobs
- 13:16 A thief who struck at a shopping centre has been locked-up and...