Doctor who missed sepsis which killed boy, 9, could soon be back in work
A Merseyside doctor who missed an infection that killed a nine-year-old boy could soon go back to work after a four-month ban.
Tragic Thomas Hull, from St Helens, died from sepsis just hours after being discharged from Whiston Hospital.
Dr Thiagarajan Sundaravadivelu admitted failing to grasp that Thomas had already been diagnosed with sepsis only a few hours earlier, before he began his shift.
But he avoided being struck off at a medical tribunal earlier this year, with the short-term suspension dubbed “disgraceful” by the patient’s family.
The doctor’s temporary ban could be lifted this... read more
- 06:53 Sixth explosion in Austin, Texas, is not linked to serial bomber,...
- 06:52 Marcos Alonso reveals Chelsea team-mate Alvaro Morata's outrage at...
- 06:50 Girl, 11, gives birth after being ‘repeatedly raped by six men...
- 06:48 Railway launches club for youngsters
- 06:48 Amble restaurant is shortlisted for award
- 06:48 Good Food Guide promotes town’s eating premises
- 06:48 Helen Skelton 'could hardly move' after Sport Relief boxing training
- 06:47 South Shields dance classes for older people is reducing falls
- 06:47 Hebburn sea cadet chosen for Royal role
- 06:47 Anti-social behaviour scheme kicks off in South Tyneside
- 06:47 Heartbroken family’s memorial bench tribute to tragedy man
- 06:47 Jarrow couple with youngster diagnosed with cystic fibrosis are...
- 06:47 MP to continue campaign for drug to be available on NHS
- 06:47 Harlow's Princess Alexandra Hospital out of special measures
- 06:45 British architecture projects under threat from Brexit – survey
- 06:44 Kettering couple celebrate 60th wedding anniversary
- 06:44 REVEALED: The latest average house prices in Corby, East Northants,...
- 06:42 Kineton Greenhills grocery burgled
- 06:41 Alive with artisans: Cairo’s al-Darb al-Ahmar district – a photo essay
- 06:40 Manchester United plotting £50m summer swoop for Arsenal star...
- 06:40 Teenagers have raw sewage poured on them for being alone together...
- 06:39 Ant McPartlin ‘on lockdown at home to undergo rehab’ as he backs...
- 06:38 Construction begins in Chester city centre on 'monstrous' student...
- 06:38 Fylde headteacher sued after pupil slipped in mud
- 06:38 Girl who was told she was paralysed defies odds by running and dancing
- 06:38 Powerful photos capture mother giving birth to a stillborn child
- 06:37 F1 news: Fernando Alonso reveals why he's so excited for 2018 season
- 06:37 Neymar: Real Madrid ace Marco Asensio goads PSG star over transfer
- 06:37 Liverpool news: Anfield hero makes damaging Mohamed Salah Ballon...
- 06:36 Wednesday’s best TV: Zoe Ball’s Hardest Road Home; Damned