Doctor suspended after punching patient in street
A family doctor has been suspended for two months after punching an aggressive man he was treating in the street.
Dr Martin Thom, 43, had been dispatched by a 999 call handler because the only ambulance in Fraserburgh was on an emergency call.
But the GP snapped and thumped the patient twice in the head before pushing him against a wall when he believed the drunken victim was resisting his attempts to check him over.
Thom, who has worked at Saltoun Surgery in the Aberdeenshire town for 11 years, had already completed a morning and afternoon shift at the surgery when he was called out.
He... read more
- 14:57 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:56 Blinder of an event at Brocklesby for hospice funds
- 14:55 There’s a massive art installation dedicated to sweets in Dallas
- 14:54 Football league runs at Brid CYP this summer
- 14:54 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:53 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:53 Major road in Northamptonshire near M1 closed following crash
- 14:46 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:45 Councillors backing Market Place projects
- 14:43 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:41 Billy Bragg on Barking: ‘I would hurry past every alleyway for fear...
- 14:41 World Cup 2018: The 12 Tottenham stars you can expect to see in...
- 14:38 New Sunderland AFC owners 'absolutely intent' on return of Stadium...
- 14:34 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:32 Met Office issues thunderstorm flood warning for Bank Holiday Monday
- 14:32 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:30 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:30 Scots writers protest against Richard Branson’s Edinburgh hotel plans
- 14:28 Murder inquiry launched after boy, 17, dies in Northampton
- 14:28 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:27 Liverpool Champions League team news: Star to miss game, Klopp...
- 14:25 People aren’t impressed with this restaurant’s take on a full...
- 14:25 BREAKING NEWS: Murder inquiry launched after death of teenager in...
- 14:25 Major road in Northamptonshire near M1 closed following crash
- 14:24 Fun for all the family at Whissendine School’s fayre
- 14:24 Real Madrid Champions League final team: Zidane to name this 4-3-3...
- 14:24 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:23 In Pictures: 11 ancient items the Vikings left in Scotland
- 14:22 Here's when Leeds' new The Ivy restaurant will open
- 14:22 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way