Doctor claims he 'saw hell' and heard screams of the damned during HIS OWN surgery
The former chief anaesthetist at Bakersfield Heart Hospital in California, gave a harrowing first person account of his out-of body experience as he went under the knife.
And the ordeal convinced him to leave conventional medicine and sell off his luxury possessions, including his mansion and fleet of supercars, in order to lead a simpler, more virtuous life.
As he felt himself leave his anaesthetized body he said: “"I was now seriously frightened. What was going on? Would my untethered consciousness ever get back into my body — or was I destined to roam through eternity as a... read more
- 06:58 Ariana Grande shares message of support on anniversary of...
- 06:58 Police issue CCTV images of men wanted over Doncaster attack
- 06:57 Michael Sturrock: New rules on data are good business practice
- 06:57 Meghan Markle hints at feminist role in monarchy
- 06:57 Police issue CCTV images of men wanted over Doncaster attack
- 06:56 UK’s new air pollution strategy ‘hugely disappointing’, says Labour
- 06:56 A64 restrictions change to aid traffic
- 06:54 Ariana Grande shares message of support on anniversary of...
- 06:53 Chelsea should NOT sell Eden Hazard even if Real Madrid offer £150m...
- 06:52 Manchester attack: Arena survivors mark first anniversary
- 06:52 Tuesday’s best TV – Manchester: The Night of the Bomb; A&E Live
- 06:52 Ads on the frontline: changing hearts and minds
- 06:52 Karen Bradley urged to restart Stormont talks
- 06:51 Once and for all: your vulva isn’t meant to look good
- 06:51 Fussy teen ate nothing but sausage rolls for 15 years
- 06:51 Mum has her face painted to match her son’s birthmark so she can...
- 06:49 Bradgate Unit could be set for £50m 'complete revamp', here's where...
- 06:48 PNE boss Alex Neil says Deepdale strategy will lead to success
- 06:47 England’s ‘smallest toy shop’ helps Thrapston high street thrive
- 06:47 Wellingborough dancer on course for dream career in the West End
- 06:47 Could you down a pound of haggis for Corby hospice?
- 06:47 Wellingborough drink-driver who gave ‘highest reading ever’ jailed
- 06:46 Anthony Hopkins reveals he doesn't care if he's a granddad after...
- 06:46 Guest Column: Living with bipolar is tough but help is out there
- 06:46 Farewell, Barbara, Sheffield's lucky lottery winner who gave away...
- 06:43 Prince Harry’s joy at spotting orphan he bonded with in Africa and...
- 06:43 Activist sentenced to five years in prison for promoting Tibetan...
- 06:43 'Dynamic' Dundee earns place on Lonely Planet's Best in Europe 2018...
- 06:40 Missing Sheffield man found safe and well
- 06:39 New £140m distillery springs into life