Do YOUR joints creak and crack? Expert reveals exactly what's behind the noises and if it can lead to arthritis
We've nearly all had the experience of standing up and hearing a loud pop in our back or hip.
Or trying to tiptoe through the house only to have our foot make a cracking sound each time we take a step.
So what’s happening in our joints when this happens, and is it a bad sign?
What if we purposefully crack our knuckles? Will we get arthritis like our parents used to tell us?
WHERE DOES THE NOISE COME FROM?
The noise we hear when our joints pop is likely to be due to movement of the tendon over bone.
Tendons attach muscles to bones and are a bit like elastic bands that stretch over... read more
- 00:22 Liverpool vs Everton: Jurgen Klopp claims his side were robbed of...
- 00:21 The lost fishermen of India's Cyclone Ockhi
- 00:20 Leeds MP warns loneliness is ‘structured into society’
- 00:20 The 'A-Team' that hunts missing planes
- 00:18 Jurgen Klopp slammed by pundit Alan Shearer for his manner after...
- 00:14 10,000 rally against fascism in Italy
- 00:14 Three arrested after arson attack on Gothenburg synagogue
- 00:14 Eco activists carve ‘crack’ into floor at BP protest
- 00:14 Mobo star leads choir to raise funds for NHS
- 00:14 Protests erupt against Trump’s Jerusalem call
- 00:14 Locals in old mining areas prone to depression
- 00:13 Leeds MP warns loneliness is ‘structured into society’
- 00:11 Attenborough and the Giant Elephant review: One big learning curve
- 00:05 Newcastle facing drop from Premier League unless Mike Ashley digs...
- 00:05 Real Madrid step up pursuit of Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris and...
- 00:05 I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here crowns Georgia Toffolo the winner
- 00:03 BREAKING: Bitcoin ‘CRASHES CBOE stock exchange’ less than ten...
- 00:00 Bitcoin futures trading begins on Cboe exchange in Chicago
- 23:59 Former England striker Alan Shearer believes Romelu Lukaku isn't...
- 23:59 NFL game between Buffalo Bills and Indianapolis Colts played in a...
- 23:55 Venezuela opposition banned from running in 2018 election
- 23:52 Lord Kerslake resigns as King's College Hospital Trust chair
- 23:43 Arsenal hopeful of signing PSG loanee Goncalo Guedes
- 23:38 A180 closed after car crashes into central reservation and rolls...
- 23:36 I'm A Celebrity 2017: Ant and Dec fear for Jamie Lomas' safety amid...
- 23:35 On the road: Luton Town manager Nathan Jones is building a football...
- 23:26 Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling is now a complete player......
- 23:25 Horse Racing Tips December 11: Fontwell and Southwell
- 23:23 Manchester City may be 11 points clear but several injuries could...
- 23:23 Ederson has turned Manchester City from pretenders into Premier...