Do YOU take your full holiday allowance? Millions of Brits miss out on vacation days with 34% claiming 'work is too busy' to take annual leave
Millions of British workers are not taking all of their holiday allowance, new research reveals.
Four million Brits every year do not take all their annual leave either deliberately or simply because they do not know how many days they are entitled to take off.
Men are more guilty than women of not taking their vacation days, with 14 per cent compared to 11 per cent failing to take full advantage of their downtime, according to the study.
WHY PEOPLE DO NOT TAKE ALL THEIR HOLIDAY ALLOWANCE The study, by Direct Line Travel Insurance, found that a fifth (20 per cent) of those working in IT... read more
- 07:36 10,000 hips will be shipped to China thanks to £5m deal
- 07:36 UPDATE: Police issue photo of South Yorkshire man, missing for a...
- 07:36 Police officer recruitment drive launched in South Yorkshire
- 07:36 British Steel workers show mettle for hospice
- 07:36 Teenager admits GBH and cannabis-possession charges
- 07:36 So many Good Reasons to see Jason Donovan in Scunthorpe!
- 07:36 Scunthorpe's Graham Alexander wins manager of the month for November
- 07:36 Who could replace Scunthorpe captain Stephen Dawson against Rochdale?
- 07:36 Pub chain employees' bank details leaked
- 07:36 Scunthorpe Market traders launch petition in effort to block £5m move
- 07:36 People can’t handle these photos of an anxious miniature schnauzer...
- 07:34 Toy shop arsonist, 15, sent to detention for 30 months
- 07:33 Burton hospital multi-storey plans to be reviewed following High...
- 07:32 Council to replace library fines with food bank donations
- 07:30 McDonald’s moving non-US tax base to UK amid EU row
- 07:29 Premises in and around Stoke-on-Trent that scored a food hygiene...
- 07:29 Revealed: 17 of 63 phone boxes facing the axe in North Staffs have...
- 07:28 Remember loved one at concert
- 07:28 Television and film course is most ambitious yet
- 07:27 Big-hearted Summer Touray-Smith, 7, saved mum's life then launched...
- 07:27 Arctic Corsair set to be given new home under £3.5m 'maritime...
- 07:27 Twins open Dessert Quarters in former Spring Bank pub in Hull
- 07:27 Hull City's Adama Diomande needs support and Robert Snodgrass can...
- 07:27 Hull FC's Jordan Abdull says future still up in air after Hull KR move
- 07:27 Struck-off Hull solicitor Paul Stott will 'fight' to restore his...
- 07:27 Serial rapist Johnathon Hunt 'threatened to publish sex video and...
- 07:27 Christmas wrecked for workers as £14,000 of didlum savings 'taken'...
- 07:26 Council tax to be reduced
- 07:26 Midfielder Didier Ndong on dealing with pressure and turning down...
- 07:26 Investigation launched into death of woman in police custody