Do YOU know what your child is up to online? Nearly half of 10-year-olds say they have the technical skills to hide their activity
A worrying 42 per cent of ten-year-olds believe they have the technical skills to hide what they're doing online from their parents, according to new research.
One in four (27 per cent) admitted to logging on at a friend's house to get around rules set by their parents.
What's more, an alarming 10 per cent said that they had never spoken with a parent about their online activity.
THE RESULTS The research showed that children as young as ten had been exposed to:
- Content containing bad language (42 per cent)
- Content containing something violent (28 per cent)
- Pornographic materials... read more
- 13:07 Homeless hero guards car for hours in rain to stop £450 being stolen
- 13:08 WEEKEND WEB: This Disaster is a huge success
- 13:07 Pep Guardiola hits back at Jose Mourinho over ‘tactical fouls’ jibe
- 13:07 Warning for drivers as car crashes into chinese takeaway after...
- 13:07 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Who will take the Glitterball?
- 13:06 LIVE! Coventry City v Cheltenham Town - commentary and analysis
- 13:05 The Hexham woman who gave gifts of life by donating six of her organs
- 13:05 Wolves blog: Sheffield Wednesday fans outsung; Under-par Wolves...
- 13:05 Revealed: The WORST streets in Newcastle for fly-tipping
- 13:03 Death mystery probe after billionaire and wife found dead in...
- 13:03 Rattling good gig is in store with local aces at Flowerpot
- 13:01 Man jailed after hitting his mate over the head with vodka bottle
- 13:02 Shirtless Burnley drunk racially abused bouncer while 'wasted' on...
- 13:02 Grantham travellers’ site is approved
- 13:01 William Carvalho wants Arsenal transfer after rejecting offer...
- 13:01 Watch as Hartlepool remembers the victims of First World War...
- 13:01 Hundreds of Huddersfield homes hit by power cut
- 13:00 What Aston Villa fans are saying ahead of Derby County clash
- 13:00 Allegations of a further sex assault have been exaggerated on...
- 12:58 "We did all we could" - first aider speaks after A66 crash near...
- 12:58 Running club tributes to man who died on A66 near Keswick
- 12:58 Star Wars Last Jedi: WORST Rotten Tomatoes audience score of saga –...
- 12:58 WEATHER WARNING: Met Office issue warning for ICE in Nottinghamshire
- 12:57 Why 'economic basket case' Portugal reminds me of Breaking Bad -...
- 12:56 Takeaway driver robbed at knifepoint - for a couple of pizzas and...
- 12:56 Hangover cures: Did you enjoy Mad Friday in Sheffield a bit too...
- 12:56 Man arrested after Sheffield city centre stabbing
- 12:54 Ofsted chief Amanda Spielman receives 'venomous' threats
- 12:54 Johnston Press digital awarded funding from Google innovation...
- 12:54 Man arrested after Sheffield city centre stabbing