Do YOU have the 'curry gene'? Mutation that makes people love fatty food is discovered
If you are someone who prefers curries and pastries to chocolate and sweets, you can blame your MC4R gene.
Cambridge University research shows that people with a flaw in this gene have an appetite for fatty food, such as rich curries, eating up to twice as much of it as other people.
However, sugary foods leave them cold.
The researchers monitored 54 people given an all-you-can-eat buffet of chicken korma.
This contained three dishes of curry, all of which looked and tasted the same. However, unbeknown to the volunteers, the curries contained different levels of fat.
All of the participants... read more
- 11:08 Green cars expected to outsell diesels in two years
- 11:08 Backs to the 'noughties': 20 North East photographs from 2000 to 2009
- 11:08 Ban for teacher who started a sexual relationship with ex-pupil...
- 11:08 What does B&Q stand for? It might be 'Bother and Quarrel' for this...
- 11:07 Police appeal for two missing people after boy, 15, disappears
- 11:07 Banned driver drove to pick up his daughter's medication
- 11:07 Lorry bursts into flames near Huddersfield town centre
- 11:05 Police hunt man in conncection with theft of TV in Forest Town
- 11:05 Manchester United players who could be sold in January transfer window
- 11:05 POLICE ADVICE: Make it harder for pickpockets this Christmas
- 11:02 Strictly CATFIGHT! Bitter backstage rows erupt as three female...
- 11:02 Jeff Brazier’s fiancée Kate Dwyer shares adorable first family...
- 11:02 Nativity plays brought awe and wonder to Normanton school’s...
- 11:02 Emmerdale spoilers: Adam Barton’s exit REVEALED as he’s jailed for...
- 11:01 Russian drones could cripple UK by cutting underwater...
- 11:01 Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce on the perils of the...
- 11:01 Price of success: Every Premier League team ranked by money spent...
- 11:00 Suspected racer banned from driving for two years and given...
- 10:59 Real Madrid line up Chelsea boss Antonio Conte to replace...
- 10:58 Officers concerned for safety of missing Bulwell man
- 10:58 Accident and ice causing morning delays on A590 and A66
- 10:58 Fantasy Premier League tips: In-form Fantasy Football stars ahead...
- 10:55 Don Kynman, Scarborough singer
- 10:55 Rev Richard Fillingham, Sheffield vicar
- 10:55 James Else MBE, Dunkirk veteran
- 10:55 David Martin, artist
- 10:55 Tewkesbury homes still without water after pipe burst
- 10:53 King Michael: Romania bids farewell to former monarch
- 10:52 Alford Grammar pupils make Christmas hampers for the elderly
- 10:52 Sleigh ride fun from Sixhills to Hainton