Do YOU have high blood pressure? It could be affecting your fertility: Common drugs 'reduce the chances of having a baby by 10%'
Common drugs used to control high blood pressure can reduce male fertility, a study found.
Beta blockers were found to reduce the chance of having a baby by 11 per cent.
Another common drug - ACE Inhibitors - reduced the chance by 9 per cent.
Further research found beta blockers reduced semen volume, semen concentration and mobility.
The drugs work by decreasing the activity of the heart by blocking the action of hormones like adrenaline.
Around one in three adults – 16 million – have high blood pressure in the UK.
Researchers at Stanford University looked at health data from around... read more
- 08:15 Gagging orders 'used by a number of clubs to silence football...
- 08:14 Councillor on warpath over flood risk rating for Spalding
- 08:14 Plans for health services across Lincolnshire ‘leaked’
- 08:14 Granit Xhaka defends slow start to his Arsenal career ahead of...
- 08:14 Lidl set to open its Bourne store this Thursday
- 08:14 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:12 Roxanne Pallett enlists celebrity support in mission to tackle...
- 08:12 Apprentice star celebrates soaring Cumberland sausage sales
- 08:12 GHA Coaches: Directors other coach company RJ’s of Wem has...
- 08:11 Staff brush up on DIY to help children’s charity
- 08:11 Thai king appoints new members to royal council - palace
- 08:10 Agent of Zlatan Ibrahimovic-endorsed Man Utd target delivers major...
- 08:09 Chelsea actually paid £28m for Eden Hazard – not £32.5m!
- 08:08 13 reasons Bali should be your next holiday destination
- 08:08 Thinking about dumping someone? Do it before December 17th*
- 08:08 Two-vehicle crash near Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire
- 08:08 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 08:06 Arnold teacher jailed for carrying out abuse at prep school
- 08:06 Nottingham Forest news and gossip LIVE: Reds under-18 side in FA...
- 08:06 'Superhuman' Robin Hood Marathon winner smashes world record
- 08:06 REVEALED: Winners of days 5, 6 and 7 in our festive bonanza...
- 08:06 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:05 State aid measures for Monte dei Paschi ready - sources
- 08:05 Alan Shearer to receive CBE from Prince William at Buckingham Palace
- 08:05 Thomas Cook buys Co-Op out from travel stores business for 56 mln stg
- 08:04 Anger as Telford drivers caught up in further delays with latest...
- 08:04 UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 6
- 08:04 Aleppo's fall would be win for Russia, defeat for U.S. in Mideast
- 08:04 Liverpool eye Quincy Promes transfer to help cope with Sadio...
- 08:03 Trimming your pubic hair can have unwanted consequences