Do women need their friends MORE than men? Female mice feel higher levels of stress when left on their own
After a hard day in the office, a night with your friends can be the ideal way to de-stress.
But it appears that coping mechanisms for feeling overwhelmed may differ between the sexes.
New research has shown that females, but not males, feel stressed when alone – and the discovery could help create strategies for coping with stress that are sex-specific.
It's unknown whether this translates to humans.
TESTING STRESS LEVELS The study involved young mice, that had been housed in same-sex groups after birth.
The mice were either left in their same-sex groups, housed in pairs, or were... read more
- 14:57 Liverpool hotel in former HQ of Titanic operator White Star Line is...
- 14:57 Video firm wins prestigious USA gig
- 14:57 Children’s services are ‘fragile’ says trust
- 14:56 Frozen actress opens up on mental health after cancelling...
- 14:56 Re-appeal to help find convicted fraudster with links to...
- 14:55 Lancashire's National Rural Crime Survey focuses on rural crime
- 14:54 Video firm wins prestigious USA gig
- 14:54 Nuclear threat: How Yorkshire residents were told to protect...
- 14:54 Cramlington firm enjoying sweet success thanks to £600,000 investment
- 14:54 Lancashire's National Rural Crime Survey focuses on rural crime
- 14:54 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho hits back at Paul Scholes over Paul...
- 14:53 Wigan Council highly commended for efficiency
- 14:52 First straws now single-use plastic, popular pub group makes...
- 14:51 Burglary at Leeds house: Police release CCTV images of two men
- 14:51 Man Utd vs Tottenham: Paul Merson delivers FA Cup semi-final...
- 14:51 The best creators in the Premier League: Which five men have made...
- 14:51 Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino reiterates passive stance on FA...
- 14:50 Lancashire's National Rural Crime Survey focuses on rural crime
- 14:50 Warning for London Marathon runners as temperatures hit 70-year record
- 14:50 Children’s services are ‘fragile’ says trust
- 14:48 Here's how to ease the symptoms of hay fever
- 14:47 Children’s services are ‘fragile’ says trust
- 14:46 "Please give my baby's presents back!" Grieving Batley mother's...
- 14:45 This weekend’s going to be so hot Marathon runners have been told...
- 14:43 Did you know that Leeds once had an open-air swimming pool?
- 14:43 UK’s rowdiest brunch heading to Leeds
- 14:42 A career in clips: paying tribute to Dale Winton
- 14:42 ReFILL: Cafe and resort bar join the war on plastic
- 14:42 West Brom transfer helper Guiliano Terraneo has identified his...
- 14:42 Work at Pont ex-library site ‘on schedule’