'Do we REALLY have to pay £2,000 for a Lyme disease test?' A reader is worried his daughter may need an expensive treatment in Germany after falling ill from a tick bite
My daughter, 45, is very ill with what could be Lyme disease. She’s been told it can be diagnosed only in Germany.
Could she travel there under the NHS, or will we have to pay £2,000?
She remembers being bitten by a tick in 2005.
She has been taking antibiotics, bought on the internet, and has been referred to a chronic fatigue clinic. Can you advise?
Howard England, Basildon, Essex.
How worrying for you. Lyme disease is a complex subject and there is a wealth of misinformation about it.
Lyme disease is an infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria, which can be transmitted to... read more
- 13:38 Man says London terrorist tried to kill him in knife attack 15...
- 13:38 #EU60: Six things you should thank the EU for
- 13:38 Tributes paid to ‘lovely’ teen who died after amateur boxing match...
- 13:35 Barcelona striker Luis Suarez: I like this Real Madrid star
- 13:34 Tributes paid to ‘lovely’ teen who died after amateur boxing match...
- 13:34 Suspicious incident in Bakewell last night
- 13:33 'We will be united or not at all!' Tusk warns of EU obliteration if...
- 13:32 Power Rangers news: Shock reason new movie is RATED 18 in Russia -...
- 13:31 The 'swishing' text message scam is shockingly clever and could so...
- 13:31 Wearside wildlife club picks up national award
- 13:31 New salaries for Sunderland City Council: Who earns what?
- 13:30 Ofcom' plans could cost telecoms providers £185m in compensation...
- 13:30 The new £1 coin is near - but you may not be able to use them...
- 13:29 Central Congo militia decapitates 40 police officers in ambush
- 13:28 Riverdale season 1: Who killed Jason Blossom? Best Netflix fan...
- 13:25 6 independent cafes in Leicester city centre that you must try
- 13:25 Lord Bach launches four year police and crime plan for Leicestershire
- 13:25 Northwich play area improvement scheme gets funding boost
- 13:25 What's the hold-up for house sales in Huddersfield?
- 13:25 Arsene Wenger gives update on new Arsenal contract and reveals...
- 13:24 Pokemon Go ENDLESS EVENTS and TRADING: Why Niantic's shiny update...
- 13:24 Sukie’s party shop boss to retire as business relocates to retail...
- 13:23 Red Nose Day fun in Lancashire
- 13:23 The unusual reason why Emma Willis decided to have a third child
- 13:23 Wolves boss Paul Lambert on the future of Helder Costa
- 13:23 These laws are set to come into effect this April - all you need to...
- 13:22 Cat stays warm in a jumper and onesie after almost drowning in a flood
- 13:22 Drone footage beautifully captures Blade leaving Hull city centre
- 13:22 14 films to look forward to in 2017
- 13:21 Springtime sunshine bathes Cumbria - share your scenes