Diwali 2016 lights switch-on: What roads are closed?
With at least 37,000 people expected to attend the lights switch-on, parts of Belgrave Road will be closed to traffic throughout the day on Sunday, October 16.
A partial closure between Belgrave Circle and Garfield Street starts at 10am to allow the stage to be set up at the northern end. Vehicles will still be able to access the rest of Belgrave Road from the Melton Road/Loughborough Road end until 5pm, although the city council has warned there may be delays.
A full closure of Belgrave Road and its side roads will be in place from 5pm until 9.30pm, and vehicles will not have any access... read more
- 08:23 Badminton: Double delight for Diane Gillan at Scottish Championships
- 08:22 Here’s how you can cancel your Labour party membership
- 08:22 Challenge of delays in leaving hospital
- 08:21 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Zachary Quinto slams Trump over transgender students at Oscar...
- 08:20 Guus Hiddink on Leicester City’s shortlist to replace Claudio Ranieri
- 08:20 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Should Nottingham's Brian Clough statue be moved to the City Ground?
- 08:19 Littletown defeat league leaders and remain on course for treble
- 08:17 In Japan, 'Rocky' and 'Premium Friday' join fight against overtime
- 08:17 Chelsea first-team star could be shipped out this summer: Here's why
- 08:16 The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan SLAMS 'stupid people'...
- 08:13 Storm Doris sees Boston’s Sluice Bridge level crossing stuck shut
- 08:12 Middlewood Park and Ride closed this Sunday for maintenance work
- 08:10 Vital Foresight youth club saved thanks to £66,000 grant funding...
- 08:10 Health minister Philip Dunne backing midwife-led maternity units
- 08:10 Work to start on converting Newport's Royal Victoria Hotel into flats
- 08:10 Shropshire councillors freeze annual allowances
- 08:10 Spared jail: Telford teenager sexually assaulted woman as she slept
- 08:10 Shropshire savers lose out as building society cuts rates
- 08:10 Paul Nuttall defiant despite humiliating defeat in Stoke Central...
- 08:10 Shropshire pub raiders steal cash, alcohol and laptop
- 08:10 Person 'unaccounted for' after Shropshire house fire
- 08:10 Every goth needs these skull shaped bath bombs
- 08:09 90 Lancaster firms will be hit by contractor shake-up
- 08:09 Musical La La Land could make Oscar history this weekend
- 08:09 The Batman news: Ben Affleck REACTS to Matt Reeves taking over as...
- 08:08 Oil futures suggest bullish funds' big bet on price may pay off
- 08:07 Weather: Cold and sunny start, rain and wind later
- 08:07 Armed robber threatened petrol station staff with metal bar