Disney World closes down for only the FOURTH time in its 45-year history as Hurricane Matthew makes landfall
Walt Disney World has shuttered up for the fourth time in its history as Hurricane Matthew bears down on the Sunshine State.
As the storm approached Florida on Thursday night, the park and several of its entities in Orlando also shut their doors.
Since the park opened in 1971 it has only closed three other times - all for hurricanes.
Scroll down for video
Disney closed down in September 1999 for Hurricane Floyd, for Hurricane Frances in September 2004 and again in September 2004 for Hurricane Jeanne, according to CNBC.
The park was also evacuated within 30 minutes on 9/11 but was not... read more
- 00:29 James DeGale still has the heart of a champion, insists promoter...
- 00:28 Concerns over Yorkshire police force’s 'stop and search' scrutiny
- 00:26 China 'constructing REFUGEE CAMPS’ for North Korea defectors if...
- 00:23 Viewpoint: India court disregards woman's right to choose husband
- 00:23 Ambitious Wales economic growth plan that encourages firms to...
- 00:19 Quetta's Hazara: The community caged in its own city
- 00:19 Laurent Wauquiez: Right-winger is French opposition hope against...
- 00:16 University chiefs must curb pay excesses, says minister
- 00:16 Fury returns to London for UKAD steroid hearing
- 00:16 Clement warns City off celebrations
- 00:16 Klopp: I won’t apologise for squad swaps
- 00:16 New report praises West Yorkshire Police
- 00:16 Christine Keeler: the one that got the blame
- 00:16 State of the Nation(alists)
- 00:16 Guitar over Gaza
- 00:16 Grenfell victims still sidelined
- 00:16 Museum grab condemned as ‘bid to humiliate’ Catalonia
- 00:16 Emboldened Netanyahu set straight by EU
- 00:16 Celtics vs Bulls LIVE stream: How to watch Boston against Chicago...
- 00:16 Maduro hails socialist gains
- 00:16 Kerslake’s trust put in special measures
- 00:16 Ex-fire chief who led cuts appointed to Grenfell panel
- 00:16 A THIRD OF GIRLS ABUSED AT SCHOOL
- 00:15 'Worrying alarm call' for world's birds on brink of extinction
- 00:15 The SRU facing difficult questions over bid for English Premiership...
- 00:14 Concerns over Yorkshire police force’s 'stop and search' scrutiny
- 00:13 Consultation launched today into 'opt out' organ donation scheme
- 00:13 Cumbria Police rated good over ethics
- 00:11 Consultation launched today into 'opt out' organ donation scheme
- 00:11 Cumbria Police rated good over ethics