Disgusting footage shows alleged abuse of horses used to make antivenom
Disturbing video footage has since emerged after PETA India inspected the outfits on behalf of the Animal Welfare Board of India and filmed the horses used to produce medicines, which are exported from India to countries across the globe.
The horses are also used to produce antivenin – or antivenom – by injecting the animals with a diluted dose of animal venom in order to produce antibodies, which are then harvested from the horse.
The campaigners are now calling on the Indian Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change to shut down the “abusive” factories and to put an end to the... read more
- 17:47 Woodplumpton A-team are Over Wyre District champions twice -over
- 17:45 Authorities were warned of dangers of road where tragic Meden Vale...
- 17:45 How do you solve a problem like debt? Your questions answered
- 17:45 Louth woman Reta celebrates her milestone 100th birthday
- 17:45 Protect your unborn baby this winter with a free flu jab
- 17:44 Mum woken up by sound of car crash rushes out and finds daughter dead
- 17:43 Sexual abuse victim of former Bishop of Chester speaks out
- 17:42 'Strong connections needed' says Cumbrian MP who narrowly retains...
- 17:42 Thugs target Barrow cars as tyres slashed on more than 10 vehicles...
- 17:42 Domino's pizza shop sex couple spared jail
- 17:41 Maribor vs Liverpool FC: All you need to know
- 17:41 Investigation launched into suspicious white powder found in Melbourne
- 17:41 Meet the Player: Ryan Goldston (Ruthin Town)
- 17:41 Police searching for missing Derby pensioner find body in River...
- 17:41 Man Booker Prize: Winner of £50,000 award to be announced
- 17:41 Man Utd eyeing £35.6m swoop for Espanyol left-back Aaron Martin -...
- 17:41 COLUMN: Why asking for ‘PP’ leaves me feeling flushed!
- 17:41 Bjork elaborates on sexual assault claim
- 17:40 Nando’s is getting rid of its original veggie patty and frankly, I...
- 17:40 Ex-Garstang Mayor's scouts HQ proposals scrapped
- 17:40 Garstang turns orange for third year running
- 17:39 Charter Fair returns to Ilkeston packed with family fun
- 17:39 Five out of seven puppies stolen from Derbyshire found
- 17:38 Madagascar characters to come to Birmingham in new stage musical
- 17:37 Backlash from headteachers over schools funding should be 'wake-up...
- 17:37 Protect your unborn baby this winter with a free flu jab
- 17:37 Expert panel identifies unacceptable toll of food and farming...
- 17:37 Taxi 'shot at with BB gun' while in city, driver says
- 17:36 MARILLION play a majestic show without fear as band and fans bring...
- 17:36 Five out of seven puppies stolen from Derbyshire found