Disabled patient waits six hours for transport home from hospital appointment
A disabled woman was left waiting for six hours to make the 15-minute drive home after a hospital appointment.
Bosses at Arriva Transport Solutions, the company responsible for ferrying patients to and from medical appointments, have apologised.
But they say figures show drivers were faced with more than double the number of journeys they had expected at the time.
The demand meant the 54-year-old patient, who has asked not to be named, did not get home until 9.30pm after finishing her appointment at Leicester Royal Infirmary at 3.30pm on Friday, September 30.
The woman, who lives in... read more
- 18:58 Maria Sharapova to drop out of top 50 after Caroline Garcia defeat
- 18:58 Germany's Jews urged not to wear kippahs after attacks
- 18:56 Owners not aware of 'epidemic' of trespassing at derelict Sheffield...
- 18:56 ALFIE LATEST: Judge asks for options over poorly tot's treatment
- 18:54 Director of Pateley accountancy firm thanks firefighters following...
- 18:54 Has Kim Kardashian taken it too far? Fans gobsmacked as star verges...
- 18:52 Yorkshire Paedophile hunters make public apology for falsely...
- 18:52 We have to stop the deadly trade in arms
- 18:52 Windrush scandal: Albert Thompson gets cancer treatment date
- 18:51 Canada developing quantum radar to detect stealth aircraft
- 18:48 Iran threatens to withdraw from nuclear weapons treaty
- 18:48 Experiments show we quickly adjust to seeing everything upside-down
- 18:47 Owners not aware of 'epidemic' of trespassing at derelict Sheffield...
- 18:46 Trains back to normal after accident at level crossing
- 18:45 Canelo Alvarez is a 'cheat' who should never fight again after his...
- 18:42 Zlat meets Jack! Zlatan Ibrahimovic poses with boxer Badou Jack and...
- 18:42 Alfie Evans latest - judge asks doctors about 'other options' but...
- 18:42 Manchester City starlet Oleksandr Zinchenko takes in Barcelona sun...
- 18:42 Arsenal News: Gunners hero reveals who must replace Arsene Wenger
- 18:36 Director of Pateley accountancy firm thanks firefighters following...
- 18:36 Major National Space Centre revamp begins, this is what's changing
- 18:33 Waffle House shooting: police alerted to car theft days before assault
- 18:30 Police investigating sex attack want to speak to John Bennett
- 18:30 Brexit: May's 'customs partnership' idea cretinous, says Rees-Mogg
- 18:27 Pupils’ pop-up restaurant
- 18:27 'I know he loved me' - Barrow mum on losing her son to drug addiction
- 18:27 EastEnders spoilers: Linda Carter will be excited about the arrival...
- 18:27 Council backs anti-Semitism pledge
- 18:27 What is Alfie Evans's bran condition exactly and why has it been so...
- 18:22 President Trump cleans dandruff off Emmanuel Macron's shirt collar