Disabled patient waits six hours for transport home from hospital appointment
A disabled woman was left waiting for six hours to make the 15-minute drive home after a hospital appointment.
Bosses at Arriva Transport Solutions, the company responsible for ferrying patients to and from medical appointments, have apologised.
But they say figures show drivers were faced with more than double the number of journeys they had expected at the time.
The demand meant the 54-year-old patient, who has asked not to be named, did not get home until 9.30pm after finishing her appointment at Leicester Royal Infirmary at 3.30pm on Friday, September 30.
The woman, who lives in... read more
- 10:39 Shane Sutton: Nothing to hide for Brailsford, Wiggins or British...
- 10:38 Stand-off between man with ‘hazardous items’ and police in Northolt...
- 10:36 Scunthorpe Hospital staff throw stunning ball - pictures
- 10:36 Tai Woffinden secures silver medal in Australia
- 10:36 Scunthorpe United always looked in control against Chesterfield:...
- 10:35 Firefighters tackle blaze at Lake District hotel
- 10:35 Burghley Park Cricket Club needs a new groundsman for 2017 season
- 10:33 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:32 Thousands of tree packs available to Grantham schools and community...
- 10:30 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:28 Jose Mourinho admits 'special one' status dependent on Manchester...
- 10:28 Bus thief jailed after leaving three-mile trail of destruction
- 10:27 PHOTO GALLERY: Day ap-peals to all as hundreds head to Gunby
- 10:24 X Factor host Dermot O'Leary lends support to campaign to find...
- 10:24 Justin Thomas overturns four-shot deficit to successfully defend...
- 10:23 St Mary's Creative Space in Chester unveil next two shows at city...
- 10:23 Cadets chosen to work alongside Lord Lieutenant of Rutland
- 10:23 Reformer Club of the Week: Kihonkai Karate Club
- 10:22 Liverpool University chief says city MUST stay open to...
- 10:19 Tumble dryer caused Eckington blaze
- 10:19 Why you think Derbyshire café Tyme Coffee Lounge was right about...
- 10:18 Second independence referendum unlikely 'any time soon', says...
- 10:18 Ukip leadership: Shrewsbury's Suzanne Evans announces bid to...
- 10:18 Spain's Socialists seen clearing the way for end to political deadlock
- 10:17 US election: Clinton says she will focus on issues, not Trump
- 10:17 Watch historical Sneinton change through the ages
- 10:17 23 more people who have been dodging tram fares
- 10:16 Police get six more days to question Tube package arrest man
- 10:16 Morris returns to sink Rangers with hat-trick
- 10:16 Star fears for his Man United future as Jose Mourinho eyes...