Disabled Hucknall teenager praised by Prince Harry for work helping poorly children
A Nottingham teenager was congratulated by Prince Harry in London this week for his work helping children with debilitating illnesses, despite having many himself.
Myles Sketchley, of Hucknall, won the Inspirational Young Person award at the WellChild Awards in London on Tuesday after campaigning for others, in spite of his own complex health conditions.
Myles, 17, has a number of health needs, including cerebral palsy, a rare brain disorder called schizencephaly, as well as respiratory and heart conditions.
He was picked from hundreds of nominations for the award which celebrates young... read more
- 12:11 Josh Hanson murder: Shane O'Brien on world's 'most wanted' list
- 12:11 Lancashire's longest serving magistrate retires today on his 70th...
- 12:11 Bank holiday pharmacy opening time for Wakefield district
- 12:11 Man appears in court accused of murdering Sheffield toddler
- 12:09 Leamington shoppers discuss what equality means to them
- 12:08 Thomas says there has not yet been any ‘detailed interest’ in...
- 12:08 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Disney-inspired charity bike run
- 12:08 Unai Emery sees massive potential in Arsenal youngsters Ainsley...
- 12:07 Brave Carlisle police officer rugby tackles man brandishing...
- 12:06 Get in step for 1940s weekend with dance lessons
- 12:06 Police hunt for on-the-run Sunderland rape suspect
- 12:06 The death of Brendan Ingle - farewell to one of the world's most...
- 12:06 Man appears in court accused of murdering Sheffield toddler
- 12:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Old Leake pupils organise music competition
- 12:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: New tyre play areas at Wyberton school
- 12:06 Man guilty of trying to kill WW2 veteran with hammer
- 12:04 Lancashire's longest serving magistrate retires today on his 70th...
- 12:04 Planning on travelling by Metro this weekend? Bank Holiday...
- 12:04 Rare memorial ring for Lord Byron is up for auction
- 12:04 Models back the Respect Program to tackle sexual abuse in fashion
- 12:03 Whiteside in squad for Sofia
- 12:03 What time is the Champions League final and what channel is...
- 12:03 SNP Growth Commission: Scots banks would move HQs to London if...
- 12:02 6 delicious gluten free places to eat in Edinburgh
- 12:01 Quest to find relatives of First World War fallen - as plans for...
- 12:01 Bank Holiday weather: What to expect hour-by-hour in Yorkshire over...
- 11:59 Get in step for 1940s weekend with dance lessons
- 11:59 Rarely-seen garden gems to go on show
- 11:59 Hollie is named Spittal Gala Queen
- 11:59 GDPR blocks some US-based news websites for EU internet users