Disabled Hucknall teenager praised by Prince Harry for work helping poorly children
A Nottingham teenager was congratulated by Prince Harry in London this week for his work helping children with debilitating illnesses, despite having many himself.
Myles Sketchley, of Hucknall, won the Inspirational Young Person award at the WellChild Awards in London on Tuesday after campaigning for others, in spite of his own complex health conditions.
Myles, 17, has a number of health needs, including cerebral palsy, a rare brain disorder called schizencephaly, as well as respiratory and heart conditions.
He was picked from hundreds of nominations for the award which celebrates young... read more
- 13:18 PS4 news: Final Fantasy 7 Remake update, Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro,...
- 13:17 White Bear Music Studios hosting music night at The Imperial in...
- 13:17 Galloway's Society for the Blind to host sight loss conference in...
- 13:18 7 unmissable Christmas theatre shows - that AREN’T panto
- 13:18 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:18 Earth-sized planet discovered with 'mild' climate and peaceful...
- 13:17 I would not be here without the outdoors, says Blackpool mountain...
- 13:18 AMAs 2017: Pink speaks out after making THAT face at Christina...
- 13:17 Earth-sized planet discovered with 'mild' climate and peaceful...
- 13:18 Driving examiners to stage 48-hour strike on day new test is launched
- 13:18 A Wrinkle in Time TRAILER: Watch NEW look at Disney epic
- 13:17 Whittle-le-Woods boy ran 30 miles in 30 days for St Catherine's...
- 13:18 M65 idiot driver clocked doing 115 mph
- 13:18 PS Plus December 2017 line-up - PlayStation Plus boost ahead of...
- 13:18 Avengers Infinity War: THIS villain's return ruled out as actor...
- 13:18 Staff on Virgin's West Coast line vote to strike in pay dispute
- 13:17 Lancashire recommends... interesting buildings
- 13:15 Keep close tabs on pensions trails or risk losing benefits
- 13:18 Italian FA chief Carlo Tavecchio resigns a week after Italy's...
- 13:18 Behind the scenes at Audi's new design centre
- 13:17 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 13:18 Jana Novotna will be remembered for iconic picture with Duchess of...
- 13:16 Tributes to respected wife of former MP
- 13:17 Calls for Chorley Council to reinstate town’s Flat Iron car park
- 13:16 Opinion split over new ambulance station location
- 13:18 Services and jobs to go as Town Hall wields the axe to save £1.2m
- 13:17 What is ASMR and why is everyone obsessed with it?
- 13:16 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 13:17 CCTV APPEAL: Knifepoint robbery at shop
- 13:15 POUND LIVE: German crisis hits euro and US holiday slows down dollar