Dippy the dinosaur hits the road: Locations are revealed for the Natural History Museum treasure's UK tour
Dippy the Diplodocus is leaving his home at London's Natural History Museum for life on the road, despite more than 32,000 people signing a petition calling for him to stay put.
The 70ft plaster-cast sauropod replica, affectionately known as Dippy, has dominated the Natural History Museum's vast Hintze hall since 1979.
Eight venues across the UK have been confirmed for the famous dino skeleton's tour, which is set to being in early 2018.
The tour will begin at Dorset County Museum, which has a gallery dedicated to Britain's fossil-rich Jurassic Coast.
DIPPY'S HISTORY The replica dinosaur... read more
- 11:01 British man gets forehead tattoo saying ‘Taiwan’ in Chinese
- 11:01 Pedro Caixinha's Rangers record laid bare after latest setback
- 11:00 Strictly: Brian Conley complains about studio toilets as he leaves...
- 11:00 Harry and Meghan 'have afternoon tea with the queen' - sparking...
- 11:00 One hurt in horror crash
- 11:00 Fylde coast business group calls for online tax crackdown.
- 11:00 Dog's head stuck in wall in Cambridge
- 11:00 Council gets green light to spend £2.8m on buying empty BHS and...
- 10:59 War veteran to receive fitting send-off after public appeal
- 10:59 Strictly Mone Dancing as Baroness Michelle turns down £350k CBB...
- 10:59 Justin Timberlake to headline Super Bowl halftime show 14 years...
- 10:59 Two taken to hospital after car crash
- 10:58 Egypt disputes reported death toll from desert shoot-out
- 10:58 Motorcyclist suffers leg break after Kingstanding crash
- 10:58 Thirty firefighters tackle 1.15am blaze in Edward Road, Balsall Heath
- 10:57 Gunpowder review: 'Explosive stuff, but sometimes too nasty to watch'
- 10:57 Have you seen missing Sarah?
- 10:57 Sheffield staff help raise £40,000 for children’s hospital extension
- 10:57 Dry and mild with patchy rain
- 10:57 Sheffield Wednesday news: Carlton Palmer demands Carlos Carvalhal...
- 10:56 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017
- 10:56 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:56 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:55 Bank of America Merrill Lynch fined £35m by UK watchdog
- 10:55 Fylde coast bank staff in charity drive
- 10:55 Thousands call for use of metal detectors at Liverpool clubs after...
- 10:55 ‘Anxious’ Theresa May begged Jean-Claude Juncker for help at Brexit...
- 10:54 Police receive reports from residents 'terrorised' by hissing...
- 10:53 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:53 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm