Dillian Whyte beats Ian Lewison to claim the vacant British heavyweight title in Glasgow
Dillian Whyte took the vacant British heavyweight title after a bruising 10-round slug fest with Ian Lewison at the SSE Hydro Arena in Glasgow.
Lewison, the much heavier man, wore a kilt and from the first bell started throwing bombs with intermittent success.
Whyte, 28, began returning with haymakers and both men took their share of punches as the rounds moved on.
Understandably, however, the tempo dropped.
There was a similarity about the rounds as both men from Brixton grew increasingly tired.
Whyte, though, began to take control and sensed the title was there for the taking in the 10th... read more
- 12:08 Halifax-based Quality Street announce return of the toffee deluxe
- 12:08 What can we expect to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story?
- 12:08 Big Brother’s Andrew Tate says women should ‘bear responsibility’...
- 12:07 Some Universal Credit claimants wait TEN WEEKS for money but the...
- 12:07 Crushed: What you can expect if you fly-tip in Birmingham
- 12:07 Memory match: Wolves 2 PNE 3, November 1983
- 12:07 Concern to be part of Ashington’s 150th celebrations
- 12:06 Nottingham Forest's current situation similar to Burton Albion at...
- 12:05 Something fishy going on at primary school
- 12:05 Charity farmers market helps out Egremont homeless hostel
- 12:05 Man who jumped into burning flat to save person following explosion...
- 12:05 Watch slow-mooooving traffic bring the M56 to a standstill
- 12:05 Seven properties to snap up at auction - including a stately home...
- 12:04 Confidence in police remains high - says latest report
- 12:04 Pensioner jailed for part in £2.2 million drug dealing ring smashed...
- 12:04 Watch: Fearless mayor takes to the skies in charity wing walk
- 12:04 Watch: Dramatic moment car turns into fireball underneath the M6
- 12:03 White Helmets' bikes to go under hammer in Sherborne
- 12:03 Empty Market Square shop to be taken on and given £60,000 facelift
- 12:03 Festive spotlight on Harrogate as Christmas Guide is launched
- 12:03 Saracens fly-half Alex Lozowski signs contract extension as he...
- 12:03 Bridget Phillipson MP: Supported housing needs better funding
- 12:03 Woman who breastfeed a puppy and ‘fertilised’ one of her eggs with...
- 12:03 Something fishy going on at primary school
- 12:03 Confidence in police remains high - says latest report
- 12:02 ‘Appointments as usual’ during ‘emergency situation’ at medical...
- 12:01 Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill banned from driving for 16...
- 12:01 Real Madrid star Gareth Bale could be in line for return to...
- 12:00 Man who sourced heroin in Barrow is jailed after £3.7k drugs stash...
- 12:00 Dewsbury Moor overcome Saints to set up Woolston play-off final