Digital health devices are great - but the people who really need them can't afford them, warns public health professor
Despite many medical advancements over the past decade, there is a growing recognition that disease prevention and better disease management are critical to reducing preventable deaths and containing rising health care costs.
The private sector has begun to develop tools to improve chronic disease management with digital health technologies, and that market is growing rapidly.
These technologies, such as activity trackers and blood pressure and glucose monitors, empower patients with the necessary information to better manage their conditions.
The Commonwealth Fund, a private foundation... read more
- 10:13 Police probe suspected arson attack in South Shields
- 10:12 Manchester United defender Phil Jones admits 'dropping points is...
- 10:11 A hair-raising way to help
- 10:11 Loris Karius and Lucas Leiva must improve if Liverpool are to win...
- 10:09 Borough chief Kennedy won't be standing down even after 'unreserved...
- 10:09 Northampton’s biggest single social housing development for 30...
- 10:09 Nelson cousins meet TV stars
- 10:09 City designers join online marketplace
- 10:09 LIVE: A180 blocked after series of accidents
- 10:08 Prison sentence handed to Swadlincote lorry driver is criticised
- 10:07 CCTV image released after £2,400 jewellery theft
- 10:06 Scotland slips down world education rankings in key subjects
- 10:05 Can you spot all the angels on the Heckmondwike Angel Trail?
- 10:05 Updates as Spring Bank crash lorry driver Neville Fletcher sentenced
- 10:05 Manchester United Christmas gifts perfect for Man Utd fans in 2016
- 10:04 John Terry is nearing the end of his Chelsea career… but as he...
- 10:03 Updates: Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court evacuated
- 10:01 East Midlands Trains set to have more power over rail network
- 10:00 Barrow man due in court over alleged town centre stabbing in broad...
- 10:00 Catriona Munro: New rules let small firms sue cartels
- 10:00 Scotland’s top-selling food and drink brands revealed
- 09:59 Letters - December 1, 2016
- 09:57 £5m drugs haul one of the biggest ever seized on South Bank docks
- 09:57 LIVE: A180 blocked after series of accidents
- 09:57 Arsene Wenger: My thoughts on Granit Xhaka's start to life at Arsenal
- 09:57 These two clubs are the best teams in the country but Manchester...
- 09:57 Heage group braves wilderness to scoop top accolades
- 09:57 Chelsea target summer swoop for Karim Benzema: Real Madrid want...
- 09:57 UKIP donor mansplains Roman history to Professor Mary Beard
- 09:54 Plea for more organ donators in Kirklees this Christmas