Digger firm JCB quits CBI 'over Brexit stance'
Digger manufacturer JCB has quit a powerful business lobbying group - reportedly because of its anti-Brexit stance.
The Rocester-based company, which has its engine-making plant JCB Power Systems at Foston, Derbyshire, has confirmed it had ended its membership of the CBI (Confederation of British Industry). But the firm has not given a reason why.
Some media outlets, including Sky News, have suggested that it is in response to the CBI's stance on Brexit. Ahead of the EU Referendum on June 23, JCB's chairman, Lord Bamford, backed calls for Britain to leave the EU. He wrote a letter to all... read more
- 12:45 BREAKING: Ulverston Beehive hub approved
- 12:44 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:44 Tristan Thompson grateful ‘there’s someone else people can be angry...
- 12:44 Jodie Marsh’s ex James Placido remarries months after bitter divorce
- 12:43 Deutsche Bank plans 'significant' job cuts
- 12:43 'You can’t just keep saying sorry': readers on Amber Rudd and Windrush
- 12:42 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:42 Man jailed in connection with Underley Hall abuse
- 12:41 Big event in support of Alfie Evans and his family to be held at...
- 12:41 Cheers! It's a Beautiful World for award-winning Leicester pub boss...
- 12:41 Funding bids worth £1.1m are prepared
- 12:40 Lionel Messi wins EU court battle to trademark his own name after...
- 12:40 Sheffield murder victim's funeral to be held next week
- 12:39 Four Seasons app review: a concierge in your pocket
- 12:39 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:39 Facebook accused of bullying by MPs
- 12:37 Thames Valley Police Constable who feigned injury quits
- 12:37 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:37 Two taken to hospital after car flipped over near Old Red Lion in...
- 12:37 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:37 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:36 Observatory marks milestone with the launch of a new facility
- 12:35 Police want to trace this man in connection with meat thefts
- 12:35 How will the Spireites’ relegation from the Football affect...
- 12:35 Coronation Street spoilers: Alison King and Kym Marsh film mystery...
- 12:34 Dogs are taking over the anti-Brexit campaign with Wooferendum posters
- 12:33 Employees go the extra mile for Hatton Park based children’s charity
- 12:33 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 UK retail sales continue to disappoint in April