Did Trump cause Ford to cancel $1.6bn Mexico plant?
Car manufacturer Ford seemed to bow to pressure from Donald Trump last night to make cars in the United States.
In what the New York Times called a "stunning reversal", the company cancelled a planned $1.6bn (£1.3bn) plant in Mexico and announced it will invest $700m (£571m) in its factory in Flat Rock, Michigan, instead.
The proposal, which will create around 700 jobs, was greeted with jubilation by workers at the plant. However, it is not all it seems. Although jobs are being created in the US, Ford is still shifting production of its Ford Focus saloon south of the US border.... read more
- 00:00 Winks eyeing up senior chances
- 00:00 Why variety and integration are the spice of Glasgow life
- 00:00 On Lenin’s side of the barricades
- 00:00 Cycling boss claims bullying has been ‘sensationalised’
- 00:00 Arsenal left feeling Blue after FA Cup defeat
- 00:00 Formula One: Hamilton relishes battle with Vettel
- 00:00 Fair hiring matters: Fighting back against black unemployment in...
- 00:00 Len McCluskey is the real deal
- 00:00 A chance to celebrate the uprising of the Welsh
- 00:00 Take heart from the Durham TAs
- 00:00 Bulgaria: Socialists prepared to lead with turn to left
- 00:00 Iran imposes tit-for-tat sanctions on 15 US firms
- 00:00 Iraq: US admits to deadly civilian air strike
- 00:00 Left must set the agenda on EU talks
- 00:01 Chelsea striker Diego Costa suffers injury scare during Spain...
- 00:00 Delegates delighted by Made in Dagenham flash mob
- 00:00 ‘Isis represent trade unions’ oldest enemy – fascists’
- 23:50 Former Olympic champion Katie Taylor calls for equality and...
- 23:45 Indyref2 not on the agenda as Theresa May arrives in Scotland
- 23:42 ‘Penis seat’ reserved for men appears on public transport
- 23:42 The 50 greatest Champions League matches of all time: Sportsmail...
- 23:39 Treehouse could be built in Burton complete with play area as...
- 23:37 Anthony Crolla wants mega money fight with Terry Flanagan - despite...
- 23:37 Chelsea dealt third injury scare after Eden Hazard and Thibaut...
- 23:33 Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino must make 6,000-mile return...
- 23:31 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil on Arsene Wenger: I do not believe this
- 23:30 Eritrean migrants pulled from lorry in Cambridgeshire
- 23:26 UPDATE 1-U.S. equity futures drop 0.5 percent
- 23:22 Chile pensions protest draws tens of thousands
- 23:19 U.S. equity futures drop 0.3 percent