Diamond couple donate anniversary money to stroke support group
A GENEROUS couple have donated the money they received in diamond wedding anniversary gifts to a charity close to their hearts.
Jack and Doreen Harrison, of Underwood Road, Ulverston, celebrated 60 years of marriage last week.
They received more than £900 from friends and family, but have decided to donate it all to charity.
Mrs Harrison, 82, suffered a stroke eight years ago, leaving her with limited mobility.
Mr Harrison, 81, said: "I manage to get by. It's OK but it gets a bit tiring."
The difficult journey of recovery has been made all the easier thanks to the work of the... read more
- 13:37 Jeremy Corbyn calls for Amber Rudd to resign over Windrush scandal
- 13:37 Arsene Wenger reveals timing of his exit after 22 years at Arsenal...
- 13:36 Ramsbottom schoolgirl wins national table tennis title
- 13:36 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:35 Mum furious after pub tells her to 'control children or leave'
- 13:35 Man paid someone £500 to split his tongue in two
- 13:34 Mill Fields builds on its sales team with new hire
- 13:33 Man Utd star Alexis Sanchez takes stunning swipe at Arsenal
- 13:32 Prince William just dropped a huge hint over the royal baby name
- 13:32 Man fined for filming dog giving Nazi salutes launches fundraiser...
- 13:32 Viagogo to be taken to court after failing to follow rules to...
- 13:32 Cheeki Rafiki yacht operator cleared over sailor deaths
- 13:32 The Leeds garden which is good for mind, body and soil
- 13:31 IN PICTURES: Another memorable day for Bridlington Lifeboat
- 13:31 Sizzling week-long heatwave set to return to UK again, say forecasters
- 13:31 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:30 Harvey strikes gold at swimming finals
- 13:28 Ant McPartlin ‘won’t be back till next year’ - Stephen Mulhern
- 13:28 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:28 Google's Gmail gets self-destruct option ahead of GDPR
- 13:26 These celebrities with tiny heads will get you through the day
- 13:26 Arsene Wenger reveals Sir Alex Ferguson has been in contact about...
- 13:26 RUMOUR MILL: Luis Enrique interests Arsenal, Ancelotti may be...
- 13:26 Arsene Wenger picks out his favourite European match from his...
- 13:26 Banbury’s McDonalds goes into the digital age
- 13:25 Meet the volunteers giving homeless people back their dignity with...
- 13:25 Firefighters tackle blaze at Long Whatton sawmill
- 13:24 Madrid regional president resigns over alleged face cream theft
- 13:24 Prestwich stowaways: "They could be anywhere" police say
- 13:24 13 semis park under freeway bridge to try and stop man...