Diageo workers back industrial action
Workers at the drinks giant Diageo have voted to take industrial action in a dispute over pensions.
Unions said the action could affect all of Diageo's 50 sites in Scotland, as well as other locations in Northern Ireland and Cheshire.
The dispute is over plans to move staff from a final salary pension scheme.
Diageo described the move as "clearly disappointing", adding that it was "premature" as talks between the company and unions were ongoing.
Both GMB Scotland and Unite members voted in favour of action, which could take place in the run-up to Christmas.
In Scotland,... read more
- 15:46 Heatwave: Chesterfield temperatures set to reach 25C next week
- 15:46 John Lewis will now buy back your old unwanted clothes
- 15:45 Transfer rumours: Charlton Athletic put price tag on Blackburn...
- 15:43 Paul Merson tries to pronounce Russia World Cup venues – doesn't...
- 15:43 Countdown to the launch of the Great Exhibition of the North begins
- 15:43 There's something fishy about Scartho Junior Academy's tourism trail
- 15:42 Corby firm to have dogs in the office for charity
- 15:42 Trains to and from Kenilworth 'suspended until further notice'
- 15:41 Novak Djokovic enjoys perfect Queen’s return to set up Grigor...
- 15:40 Dundee hit the 3,000 season tickets mark
- 15:40 Countdown to the launch of the Great Exhibition of the North begins
- 15:40 Wine lovers, rejoice: The Rosé Mansion in New York is looking...
- 15:39 Chelsea legend Frank Lampard’s comments on Jordan Henderson spark...
- 15:38 Prince William might have just revealed he's a secret Liverpool fan
- 15:38 Hat-trick of housing bids recommended for refusal
- 15:38 Decision day for holiday developments plans
- 15:38 Countdown to the launch of the Great Exhibition of the North begins
- 15:36 Pictured: First of three graffiti artists killed by train
- 15:36 Ill woman begs Nicola Sturgeon: ‘please don’t let me die’
- 15:35 Arsenal legend Martin Keown RINSED by BBC World Cup team in savage...
- 15:35 Countdown to the launch of the Great Exhibition of the North begins
- 15:34 Trains to and from Kenilworth 'suspended until further notice'
- 15:33 Loughborough Junction: Tribute to 'artist' killed by train
- 15:33 Anti-tourism protesters in Spain chain themselves to Gaudi's iconic...
- 15:33 New Vatican tour allows travellers to unlock the doors of the...
- 15:31 Countdown to the launch of the Great Exhibition of the North begins
- 15:31 Heatwave: Nottinghamshire temperatures set to reach 25C next week
- 15:31 Beacon Academy is going from strength to strength
- 15:31 'Don't go in there!' Police safety warning after pub break-in
- 15:31 Police hunting for schoolboy, 15, who has been missing for four days