Diageo offers to give away former Kilmarnock plant
Scotch whisky giant Diageo has offered to give away the site of its former Johnnie Walker bottling plant in Kilmarnock as part of the planned revamp of the town centre.
The plans are due to be discussed by East Ayrshire Council’s cabinet today, and would also see the distiller provide a £2 million grant that would be matched by the local authority.
Diageo has already gifted part of the former Hill Street plant – which closed in 2012 and has now been demolished – for the new Ayrshire College, which is due to open in the coming weeks.
The remainder of the site has been offered to... read more
- 09:56 Garstang school’s dance-a-thon to raise cash to fight child cruelty
- 09:55 Firefighters tackle north east Derbyshire house blaze
- 09:55 Melton has fifth highest first test pass rate for learner drivers...
- 09:55 Doncaster Big Brother star faces boot again as ALL contestants put...
- 09:55 ‘Hole in the wall’ proving cash is still king on 50th birthday
- 09:54 Haverthwaite-based firm's MD to be made MBE
- 09:53 Warwick Rotary Club’s Thai Festival to return for 13th year
- 09:53 Executives urged to tap into the power of mindfulness
- 09:53 Arsenal face Besiktas competition for transfer of Barcelona’s...
- 09:52 Warwick Rotary Club’s Thai Festival to return for 13th year
- 09:52 Shoppers warned over Tesco voucher Facebook page tricking thousands...
- 09:52 FTSE stalls, Carpetright and Debenhams put UK consumer in spotlight
- 09:51 POUND LIVE: Pound pauses after DUP deal ahead of Queen's Speech vote
- 09:51 ‘Hole in the wall’ proving cash is still king on 50th birthday
- 09:50 COMMENT: 900m reasons why we must stick with devolution in...
- 09:50 Return in sight for PNE’s Woods after full season out
- 09:50 Resurgent interest in Victoria Quays
- 09:50 England coaches are good enough – Simpson
- 09:50 Manchester United set to complete Ethan Galbraith signing this weekend
- 09:50 Hull given £15m by Heritage Lottery to secure its future in tourism
- 09:49 Charlotte Church reveals she has lost her unborn baby
- 09:49 Future of key buildings in Wellingborough to be discussed by...
- 09:49 Cash and jewellery stolen in Kettering burglary
- 09:48 Man sprayed CS gas into eyes of Cumbrian police officer trying to...
- 09:47 REGIONAL: Police officer jobs announced
- 09:47 Barcelona set deadline for Hector Bellerin signing as they grow...
- 09:43 Yellow weather warning for rain issued
- 09:42 Choking the life out of seabirds, the rubbish littering our...
- 09:42 Who's a big boy? Dog owners share side-by-side snaps of their...
- 09:42 Panoramic FAIL: The amusing, bizarre and downright scary results of...