Diageo offers to give away former Kilmarnock plant
Scotch whisky giant Diageo has offered to give away the site of its former Johnnie Walker bottling plant in Kilmarnock as part of the planned revamp of the town centre.
The plans are due to be discussed by East Ayrshire Council’s cabinet today, and would also see the distiller provide a £2 million grant that would be matched by the local authority.
Diageo has already gifted part of the former Hill Street plant – which closed in 2012 and has now been demolished – for the new Ayrshire College, which is due to open in the coming weeks.
The remainder of the site has been offered to... read more
- 03:59 Boredom in Britain at a new low
- 03:40 Self-medicating by drinking wine before bedtime will only make your...
- 03:40 Five teenagers to face court on terror charges
- 03:35 David Miliband 'deeply concerned' for Labour's future
- 03:15 Let DEMOCRACY speak: Marine Le Pen SLAMS media for censoring French...
- 03:03 YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN: China CLASHES with Donald Trump over North...
- 02:59 Bolivia's San Pedro 'tourist prison', 20 years on
- 02:59 Could the next Messi come from Nigeria as Barcelona launches Lagos...
- 02:59 IS in Afghanistan: How successful has the group been?
- 02:59 Kim Jong-nam death: Unravelling the mystery
- 02:59 Did Trump win because his name came first in key states?
- 02:57 Move into a nursing home while you're still fit, says care tsar as...
- 02:53 HMRC rejects tax avoidance criticism
- 02:52 Can community projects offer a way to affordable care?
- 02:41 Illegal air pollution levels endangering health of capital's children
- 02:32 Guatemala expels abortion boat crew
- 02:32 Egypt's Coptic Christians flee Sinai after deadly attacks
- 02:21 City homes 'least affordable since 2009'
- 02:12 Boris Johnson to visit Egypt for talks with president
- 02:07 ADM brokerage arm shifts more trades onto computer screens
- 02:07 Alphabet's self-driving car unit sues Uber with trade theft charge
- 01:53 Fashion house BCBG Max Azria prepares for bankruptcy: sources
- 01:49 Smuggled rare ploughshare tortoises go on display for first time
- 01:49 China's Panchen Lama says to uphold 'glorious tradition' of patriotism
- 01:42 Get your dancing shoes on for Grimsby's Strictly Get Dancing
- 01:42 What mummy really thinks about everyday family life
- 01:42 Hankies and sticks: Why do people take up Morris dancing?
- 01:39 Southampton boss Claude Puel still stung by Ryan Giggs' winner in 2007
- 01:36 Footballer hit by lightning in Highgate United match remembered
- 01:31 Ryan Palmer and Wesley Bryan share lead at the halfway point of the...