DIABETES TIMEBOMB: Britain sees RISE in prescriptions for Type 2 sufferers
Analysis of the shocking figures also revealed there are hotspots for the disease, particularly in London and Lincolnshire, with the London borough of Newham having twice the national average of prescriptions.
Experts at Diabetes UK said that while it was good the disease was being diagnosed, people needed to “manage their condition better”.
The prescription data, examined by analysis experts EXASOL, detailed how on current trends, the numbers diagnosed with the condition is set to hit five million by 2020 - some five years earlier than previously thought.
Sean Jackson, chief marketing... read more
- 02:14 'Irresponsible' company bosses face government crackdown
- 02:12 News Corp's truth defence thrown out in Geoffrey Rush defamation case
- 02:12 Ryan Shorthouse: A helping hand on the property ladder
- 02:11 Tony Abbott given extra entitlements as former prime minister
- 01:58 Consumer watchdog may investigate if Facebook data illegally used...
- 01:55 5G auction bidding starts in UK
- 01:53 Brazil: Bishop arrested on corruption charges
- 01:51 School exclusions: Are more children being expelled?
- 01:51 Food festivals: Celebrating the great and good of food
- 01:51 'How I became a female gang leader - and how prison saved me'
- 01:49 'It was time for Vincent to depart Walford': Richard Blackwood...
- 01:49 Leggy Jourdan Dunn shows off her svelte figure in striped dress...
- 01:49 'From the moment we met we were best friends': Pregnant Vogue...
- 01:49 'I really hope he finds peace': Kerry Katona tweets support for...
- 01:49 Laura Whitmore stuns in an elegant taupe jumpsuit as she joins...
- 01:49 Real Housewives of Cheshire star Tanya Bardsley and husband Phil...
- 01:45 President Trump bans deals in Venezuela's crypto-currency
- 01:43 Charles Hanson's antiques valuation day helps to support Bretby Art...
- 01:40 Bank highlights eight scams to watch out for in 2018
- 01:35 WWE RAW: HUGE WrestleMania 34 title match announced by Kurt Angle
- 01:31 Cirque du Soleil performer dies after falling during show
- 01:31 Where is the best place to live in the UK in 2018?
- 01:24 Starwatch: First interstellar visitor's name is nod to Hawaiian...
- 01:21 Pauline Hanson's One Nation declares $30,000 for use of James...
- 01:19 How Agatha Christie's Ordeal of Innocence was re-shot
- 01:17 NBA news: LeBron James recruited, Boston Celtics free agency claim,...
- 01:17 Roger Federer makes huge claim about the future of his tennis...
- 01:17 Lewis Hamilton: World champion sets HUGE Mercedes target for 2018
- 01:13 Under-doctored areas to get new medical schools
- 01:13 Class A drugs 'brought in for patients' at Essex mental health trust