Devolution deal to create Greater Lincolnshire could collapse
GREATER Lincolnshire's £450 million devolution prize could be under threat after the Government warned council leaders: "It's all or nothing."
The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) had previously indicated to MPs and council leaders that the deal could still go ahead even if one of the ten councils opted out of creating a 'super authority' to take control of housing, flood defences, transport and job training among other things.
But at a meeting this week at government offices in Birmingham, new Communities Secretary Sajid Javid met with Lincolnshire leaders... read more
- 08:32 Manchester United want to sign two world-class superstars this summer
- 08:32 Manchester United named the most expensive bench in FA Cup history...
- 08:32 Stronger growth to help UK beat 2016/17 budget target - EY ITEM Club
- 08:32 Hong Kong stocks end at 18-month high, track mainland strength
- 08:32 Scooter riding teenager dies in collision
- 08:31 Councillors want to find out more before deciding whether to back...
- 08:31 £150,000 raised for man who spends life caring for terminally...
- 08:31 Baby & Toddler Of The Year: Send your entries now!
- 08:31 Teenagers threw stones at dog walker in Workington
- 08:31 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:31 WW3 fears as relations COLLAPSE between Malaysia and North Korea...
- 08:31 Adolf Hitler’s telephone used to issue orders in WW2 sells at...
- 08:29 On the move: Latest appointments and promotions
- 08:28 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:28 Greece needs "far less" money than agreed in third bailout - ESM head
- 08:28 Chelsea ace Cesc Fabregas ends exit rumours following Wolves clash
- 08:28 Marseille line up shock move for Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud
- 08:28 JeSuisIKEA: Donald Trump's bizarre Sweden 'terror' reference sparks...
- 08:26 Chelsea ace speaks out on being benched by Antonio Conte
- 08:26 Chancellor Philip Hammond’s Budget boost on economy
- 08:26 Fake apartment turns turns dream holiday into nightmare
- 08:25 Police 'very concerned' for missing east Hull boy Cory Davies, 10
- 08:24 Could Post Office move to empty South Shields town centre site?
- 08:22 RBS shares up 5 pct on alternative plan to Williams & Glyn sale
- 08:22 Sherlock tops international poll of most popular BBC characters
- 08:21 Kirsty Gunn: We may be proud Scots but that does not mean we really...
- 08:21 Our solar system could be about to get 100 new planets
- 08:21 Woman thought she was pregnant but she actually had a cancer tumour
- 08:20 Why Sunderland is set for a ‘purple protest’ over pensions
- 08:20 TV worker claims she was sacked from job at production company for...