‘Deutsche needs MIRACLE to survive' Damning verdict of expert who PREDICTED trouble
The bank needs a miracle to cope with further troubles, such as the looming £10billion fine from US authorities and business losses, according to Paul Gambles, a managing partner at advisory firm MBMG International.
The strategist raised the alarm over Deutsche's debts three years ago.
The bank has subsequently seen more than half its value wiped in 2016, as investors run for the door.
Now Mr Gambles predicts Berlin will have to intervene to keep Deutsche afloat amid future woes.
He told CNBC: "It looks like the only saviour would be the state."
But German government officials and... read more
- 13:59 Review: Shostakovich's Eighth, CBSO at Symphony Hall
- 13:59 Crews deal with two Burton house fires in space of just a few hours
- 13:59 King’s Cliffe author Nick has short story included in Twisted...
- 13:59 When is the American election? Trump and Clinton will go...
- 13:58 Debenhams sees annual profits tumble by a tenth
- 13:57 FTSE retreats, though robust results boost Barclays
- 13:57 A safe space from cyber pervs: Game creators invent a protective...
- 13:56 BREAKING: Five schools on LOCKDOWN after ‘malicious threat’ calls
- 13:55 PNE’s six of the worst
- 13:54 Caprice displays her killer curves and impressive cleavage in...
- 13:54 January Jones flashes sideboob in peachy jumpsuit as she leads...
- 13:54 'You trying to get robbed too?' Khloe Kardashian is SLAMMED by fans...
- 13:54 'I'm sure it is legitimate!': Benedict Cumberbatch quips Judge...
- 13:54 Real Housewives of Cheshire beauty Misse Beqiri stuns in silk slip...
- 13:54 'I'm sorry if I have upset anyone': TOWIE's Amber Dowding...
- 13:54 Coronation Street's Kym Marsh cradles her fake baby bump while...
- 13:53 Which Lincolnshire train company is worst for complaints?
- 13:52 Scottish NHS failing to keep up with rising demand, says watchdog
- 13:52 Pope Francis accepts church leaders' invitation to visit South Sudan
- 13:52 Nissan investment shows Brexit can work - but what did we offer in...
- 13:51 Gnashing of teeth
- 13:51 What do the latest GDP data say about the post-Brexit economy?
- 13:51 Liverpool star Loris Karius takes swipe at Man Utd and City over...
- 13:51 Night-time alerts 'target impulse buys'
- 13:51 Feed your foodie in holiday heaven
- 13:51 Invasion of alien ladybirds riddled with STDs that could kill off...
- 13:51 Hamburg gang rape teenagers' suspended sentences spark anger
- 13:49 Scottish pensioner, 92, who’s taking on Donald Trump
- 13:47 English petition to kick Scotland out of UK hijacked by Scots
- 13:47 Two in court on alleged burglary and wounding rap