Deutsche Bank woes keep stocks on steep slide
An eight percent slump in Deutsche Bank's already battered share price sent Europe into a fresh tailspin on Friday and left world equity markets sliding toward their worst week in three months.
Germany's biggest lender, Deutsche, hit by a string of fines for wrongdoing and a sharp fall in its revenues, saw its shares drop below 10 euros for the first time in its history (DBKGn.DE) in a brutal European open.
It followed reports that a number of hedge funds that clear derivatives trades with Deutsche had withdrawn some of their cash and adjusted positions, a sign that counterparties were... read more
- 16:45 Celtic confirm they will take no tickets for potential Champions...
- 16:43 Oil slide muddies inflation outlook, weighs on global stocks
- 16:43 ‘Road rage’ incident sparks respect call
- 16:41 Paraglider crashes on Cumbrian fell
- 16:39 What does Italy's Berlusconi like about Trump? His wife
- 16:39 Man jailed after trying to import child-like sex doll into UK...
- 16:39 Caravaggio takes Commonwealth Cup gold at Royal Ascot with...
- 16:39 Los Angeles police shoot at pit bill but kill teenager
- 16:39 Walkers raise cash for cancer trust
- 16:38 Why have our cars suddenly been covered in dust?
- 16:38 5 hidden tourist gems on Orkney
- 16:37 'You'll be back' judge tells convicted burglar who slammed...
- 16:36 Cuts are piling extra pressure on my exhausted officers, says West...
- 16:36 Wheelchair basketball player Harry Brown hoping for victory in...
- 16:35 Update: Two further arrests made in connection to Dalton axe assault
- 16:35 Sellafield firefighters vote for industrial action
- 16:35 Ulverston town councillor steps down due to 'too much politics'
- 16:34 Pupils and staff mark 50th anniversary of Princethorpe College
- 16:33 London Pride Parade 2017: Route, start and finish time, bus route...
- 16:33 Facebook to tackle online extremism and hate speech in new initiative
- 16:33 Man jailed after trying to import child-like sex doll into UK...
- 16:33 Europe faces Herculean challenge to develop new fighter jet
- 16:33 ‘He was my life’ - widow tributes to the ‘Cleveleys Cowboy’
- 16:32 Rangers and Celtic supporters clash over new Ibrox kit deal and...
- 16:32 Has hot newcomer Tyla turned Kem's attention away from Amber?
- 16:32 Sicily's cornered Mafia primed for reversal of fortune
- 16:32 Dean Gaffney gets road ban for refusing to say who drove his...
- 16:31 'I saw the fear in my mum's eyes': Daughter joins campaign for...
- 16:31 TrumpWatch: It’s all over for Ossoff
- 16:31 Cumbrian volunteers sought for migraine device trial