Deutsche Bank woes keep stocks on steep slide
A fresh slump in Deutsche Bank's share price sent European markets into a tailspin on Friday and left world stocks sliding toward their worst week in three months.
Hit by a string of fines for wrongdoing and a sharp fall in its revenues, Germany's biggest lender saw its shares drop as much as 9 percent (DBKGn.DE) and to below 10 euros for the first time before clawing back roughly half that lost ground.
The selloff followed reports that a number of hedge funds that clear derivatives trades with Deutsche had withdrawn some of their cash and adjusted positions, a sign that counterparties were... read more
- 13:32 Italian police arrest pro-Islamic State trio over suspected Venice...
- 13:32 Netanyahu set to approve first West Bank settlement for 20 years
- 13:32 Syrian rebels seize swathes of south as Islamic State retreats
- 13:32 ‘Super-fit’ gran develops life-threatening diabetes through love of...
- 13:32 Statins breakthrough: Cholesterol-lowering drugs 'could combat deep...
- 13:32 We need your nominations
- 13:32 Harry Potter festival plans 'blown out the water'
- 13:31 Coventry City twin backing brother Dion to help bring back the...
- 13:31 Neil Taylor facing extended ban after horror tackle on Seamus Coleman
- 13:31 Sing to the Swing
- 13:29 Win A Wedding: The Venue
- 13:29 Former Aston Villa midfielder Nobby Solano delighted after beating...
- 13:28 Stormzy is playing in Leicester next week – here's how you can get...
- 13:26 Chelsea attempted to sign Neymar by convincing him he could be...
- 13:26 Saving the Venezuelan Amazon: mega-nature reserve? Or mega-mining...
- 13:26 We need your nominations
- 13:26 Eden Hazard has major worry: This will affect Real Madrid move
- 13:25 SpaceX to launch first reused rocket, testing cost-cutting model
- 13:24 Woman arrested for being drunk and disorderly twice in two weeks
- 13:24 Nottingham Poetry Festival 2017 - all you need to know
- 13:23 A marathon challenge to raise cash for Hartlepool hospice
- 13:23 Music a mystery to apes left baffled by Bieber and Beethoven
- 13:22 Referee speaks out following attack
- 13:22 Sing to the Swing
- 13:22 School governor jailed after being caught with 4,000 indecent...
- 13:21 Brexit: What is the great repeal bill?
- 13:21 Northants add Taylor and Sales to coaching staff
- 13:21 Rolls-Royce unveils nine Wraiths 'Inspired by British Music'
- 13:21 Choose crafts over chocolate this Easter and help youngsters at...
- 13:21 'I'll bury you': shocking footage shows bitter feud between Scouser...