Deutsche Bank shares open at record lows in Europe
Shares in troubled Deutsche Bank have opened down 7% in Europe, matching losses seen overnight in New York trading.
The trigger for the latest share price slide was reports that some hedge funds had taken out cash and withdrawn positions in its investment bank.
Deutsche Bank has said it is confident most clients understood that it is stable.
The shares are at €10.05 in morning trading in Frankfurt.
Investors are increasingly worried about the financial health of the bank, which now faces a $14bn fine in the US for mis-selling mortgage-backed bonds before the financial crisis of 2008.
The... read more
- 12:08 Thomas says there has not yet been any ‘detailed interest’ in...
- 12:08 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Disney-inspired charity bike run
- 12:08 Unai Emery sees massive potential in Arsenal youngsters Ainsley...
- 12:07 Brave Carlisle police officer rugby tackles man brandishing...
- 12:06 Get in step for 1940s weekend with dance lessons
- 12:06 Police hunt for on-the-run Sunderland rape suspect
- 12:06 The death of Brendan Ingle - farewell to one of the world's most...
- 12:06 Man appears in court accused of murdering Sheffield toddler
- 12:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Old Leake pupils organise music competition
- 12:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: New tyre play areas at Wyberton school
- 12:06 Man guilty of trying to kill WW2 veteran with hammer
- 12:04 Lancashire's longest serving magistrate retires today on his 70th...
- 12:04 Planning on travelling by Metro this weekend? Bank Holiday...
- 12:04 Rare memorial ring for Lord Byron is up for auction
- 12:04 Models back the Respect Program to tackle sexual abuse in fashion
- 12:03 Whiteside in squad for Sofia
- 12:03 What time is the Champions League final and what channel is...
- 12:03 SNP Growth Commission: Scots banks would move HQs to London if...
- 12:02 6 delicious gluten free places to eat in Edinburgh
- 12:01 Quest to find relatives of First World War fallen - as plans for...
- 12:01 Bank Holiday weather: What to expect hour-by-hour in Yorkshire over...
- 11:59 Get in step for 1940s weekend with dance lessons
- 11:59 Rarely-seen garden gems to go on show
- 11:59 Hollie is named Spittal Gala Queen
- 11:59 GDPR blocks some US-based news websites for EU internet users
- 11:59 Bank Holiday weather: What to expect hour-by-hour in Yorkshire over...
- 11:58 Ireland goes to the polls today to amend the eighth in...
- 11:58 Couple didn’t realise they’d won £21,044,592 until shop worker told...
- 11:58 Cat finds out she’s pregnant and it clearly wasn’t planned
- 11:58 Amazon Alexa can now say prayers and channel the voice of God