Deutsche Bank's boss pleads: We're not as risky as investors think
Chief risk officer at Germany's biggest lender said the bank is scaling back its so-called derivatives book.
Stuart Lewis added the portfolios is not as risky as some investors appeared to believe.
Deutsche reportedly has $46TRILLION (£34trn) of underlying assets that its clients are taking a position in, which equates to more than 10 times Germany's entire GDP.
But this is different to derivatives, which are financial contracts based on the value of other assets, according to Mr Lewis.
He told German weekly paper Welt am Sonntag: "The risks in our derivatives book are massively... read more
- 08:51 30 people missing after avalanche buries hotel in Italy
- 08:51 South African mining deaths fall to new record low in 2016
- 08:51 Malaysian PM tells Myanmar to 'stop the killing' of Rohingya, as...
- 08:51 Supermarket worker’s £7,000 benefits fiddle
- 08:50 Man taken to hospital after Banff house fire
- 08:49 Twerking businessmen ads top complaints list
- 08:49 There is no way Donald can Trump this: Watch Barack Obama's top...
- 08:49 Tesco recalls popular curry brand after discovery of deadly cashew
- 08:48 Brandon takes on important role at Sea Cadets
- 08:47 Manchester United receive Antoine Griezmann transfer boost
- 08:45 Donald Trump firm’s golf bid sparks conflict of interest fear
- 08:45 Louth's St James' Church closed following asbestos discovery
- 08:45 Road closure remains in place as Liverpool gas leak probe continues
- 08:45 Wigan hotel is removed from asylum list
- 08:45 Ambulance service order to improve by inspectors
- 08:43 Manchester United overtake Real Madrid in Deloitte’s Money League...
- 08:42 Bitcoin exchange BTCC says operating normally, no official word...
- 08:42 Novak Djokovic crashes out of the Australian Open after losing...
- 08:42 Where do your Premier League club's earnings come from?
- 08:41 People’s Choice Awards 2017: Blake Lively BEATS Meryl Streep in...
- 08:41 Design firm opens Glasgow base on back of Scottish wins
- 08:41 'OMG just got pulled over again': Student's mysterious last text to...
- 08:41 Abruzzo avalanche hotel: 30 feared dead after Italian spa resort...
- 08:41 Best and worst energy firms revealed: Ovo tops table for customer...
- 08:41 'We're open for business!' PM bangs the drum for post-Brexit...
- 08:40 Ambulance service order to improve by inspectors
- 08:38 Tyron Woodley: UFC missed a big opportunity with Nick Diaz at UFC 209
- 08:38 Slow rush hour into Lincoln, traffic queueing
- 08:38 Is this the most bizarre parking row you’ll ever see?
- 08:38 Big gay party thrown outside new VP’s house to protest his stance...