Deutsche Bank: From bombs and bravado to risks of a bailout
Deutsche Bank is under the most pressure a major lender has faced since the financial crisis, but many trace its woes back beyond the banking crash.
On a cold November morning in 1989, Alfred Herrhausen left his house in the Hessian town of Bad Homburg, climbed into his chauffeur-driven Mercedes-Benz, and settled in for the routine journey to his Frankfurt office.
A few minutes later, he was dead.
As the head of West Germany's largest lender, Deutsche Bank, Mr Herrhausen had been a target of the anti-capitalist, radical-left Red Army Faction.
They claimed to have planted the remote-control... read more
- 13:05 Dundee United supporting SNP MP makes cheeky dig at Dundee fans
- 13:03 Livingston boxer Martin Taylor signs deal with MTK Scotland
- 13:02 LIVE: The Budget as it happens
- 13:02 When should you put your Christmas tree up?
- 13:01 What are the signs that a child might be a victim of abuse? What to...
- 13:01 Labour’s ‘cringe’ WhatsApp group backfires on 2017 Budget
- 13:00 Is controversial Vance Miller the businessman behind Furniture at...
- 12:59 Liverpool spark Jurgen Klopp and Jordan Henderson fears after...
- 12:59 Ashes: Graeme Swann reveals England tactical change to give them...
- 12:59 Cristiano Ronaldo identifies the 'rotten apple' at Real Madrid and...
- 12:59 Man arrested on terrorism offences following raid in Nelson
- 12:58 LIVE: The Budget as it happens
- 12:57 LIVE: The Budget as it happens
- 12:57 When is the shortest day and what does winter solstice mean?
- 12:57 Homework was a big part of PNE's win says Alex Neil
- 12:56 Cops catch hungry housebreaker asleep on job after he crashed out...
- 12:56 Budget 2017 live: Philip Hammond promises a ‘balanced approach’
- 12:56 UPDATED 12.34pm: Schools closed, roads across Barrow and South...
- 12:56 Bag a Black Friday bargain with Virgin Trains NOW
- 12:56 Lefties are good at fast-paced sports such as tennis and cricket...
- 12:54 This is why your Talktalk Youview box hasn't been recording
- 12:54 Heathrow Airport welcomes back adorable Walsall teddy bears for new...
- 12:54 "It looked better than most games this season." Aston Villa's...
- 12:54 Masked robbers steal ATM cash during ram raid at Halifax in Shirley
- 12:54 This is why Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has aimed an angry blast at...
- 12:54 Video: All the action from the Grantham Journal Business Awards
- 12:54 Hunt for murderer who has absconded from HMP Spring Hill
- 12:53 Watch the Budget 2017 live as Chancellor Philip Hammond announces...
- 12:52 BUDGET 2017 IN BRIEF: The key points of Chancellor Philip Hammond's...
- 12:52 Budget 2017: Philip Hammond outlines 2017 Budget in Parliament