Deutsche Bank cuts another 1,000 jobs
Deutsche Bank has announced that 1,000 jobs will be cut in Germany.
The move adds to the 3,000 job losses announced in June.
Almost half of the latest job cuts will hit the company's chief operating office, with the rest spread over several departments.
Deutsche Bank has been under intense pressure since mid-September, when US authorities said they wanted the firm to pay $14bn to settle an investigation into mortgage-backed securities.
Since then, the company has been trying to reassure investors and staff that its finances are strong enough to handle such a large fine.
To boost its... read more
- 21:37 Tom Cruise sex shock: He 'juggled Bible study and bl** jobs' on set...
- 21:34 Police appeal for dash-cam footage after reported sex attack in Wirral
- 21:32 Jaylen Brown Exclusive: Boston Celtics fans will be excited about...
- 21:32 Alexis Sanchez will decide Arsenal future after 'break' - Lee Dixon
- 21:32 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp hails second summer signing
- 21:32 Roger Federer looking forward to Wimbledon showdown to challenge...
- 21:32 Liverpool confirm Roberto Firmino as new number nine: Club offers...
- 21:32 Rory McIlroy disappointed with missed putts but feeling optimistic...
- 21:31 Fears cliff may collapse a third time after giant crack appears...
- 21:31 Plans to close two Derby city centre car parks concerns drivers -...
- 21:27 Mohamed Salah to wear No.11 at Liverpool after completing £39m...
- 21:27 I’ll give county a determined and loud voice
- 21:27 Passengers face three more days of misery after new rail strike is...
- 21:25 Global stocks advance on modest oil bounce
- 21:25 U.S. voices concern about violence against monitors in east Ukraine
- 21:24 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp delighted with Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Done Deal: Liverpool complete Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Tail docking row: could it cost Nicola Sturgeon votes?
- 21:22 What can the SNP teach Theresa May about minority government?
- 21:22 May offers EU nationals the right to stay after Brexit
- 21:19 Wall St. ends flat but healthcare stocks rally
- 21:18 US man 'gave Chinese agent secrets'
- 21:17 Fears for missing Thornliebank pensioner as police appeal for...
- 21:16 Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore on brink of move to Lyon for £16m
- 21:16 Germany 1-1 Chile: Alexis Sanchez becomes country's record goal...
- 21:14 EU citizens WILL be able to stay in the UK after Brexit
- 21:14 Fabinho to Man Utd: Monaco star admits he's tempted by Old Trafford...
- 21:10 Mohamed Salah targets silverware after completing Liverpool transfer
- 21:09 EastEnders spoiler: Michelle Fowler in DANGER as new man Tom’s...
- 21:08 Bank committee selects repo as Libor alternative for swaps