Despite failures, North Korea could field missile next year - U.S. expert
In spite of the apparent failure of another North Korean missile test at the weekend, the country's aggressive testing schedule could see its Musudan intermediate ballistic missile entering operational service sometime next year - much sooner than expected, a leading U.S. expert said on Monday.
The U.S. military said on Saturday it had detected a failed launch of a Musudan, the latest in a series in violation of United Nations resolutions.
The U.S. Strategic Command said the missile failed in a launch near North Korea's northwestern city of Kusong. South Korea's military said the missile... read more
- 08:36 Killers caught on CCTV strolling into McDonald's after stripping...
- 08:36 Horror as dad and son are killed in head-on crash with EACH OTHER
- 08:35 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:35 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:35 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:34 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling to FALL further against EUR...
- 08:34 Helen Skelton takes top role on daytime TV
- 08:33 How fabric made from the same material as Coca-Cola bottles can fix...
- 08:33 HEALTH NOTES: Victoria happy she swapped saddles (and so is her man)
- 08:33 NHS 'underestimates sepsis cases by 70 per cent': Silent killer...
- 08:33 For your fertility's sake, keep just five close friends! Close knit...
- 08:32 Special school launches fundraising for therapy room
- 08:32 Quit smoking or lose your leg, grandad told
- 08:32 Cyclist dies after collision in Sunderland
- 08:32 Manchester United want to sign two world-class superstars this summer
- 08:32 Manchester United named the most expensive bench in FA Cup history...
- 08:32 Stronger growth to help UK beat 2016/17 budget target - EY ITEM Club
- 08:32 Hong Kong stocks end at 18-month high, track mainland strength
- 08:32 Scooter riding teenager dies in collision
- 08:31 Councillors want to find out more before deciding whether to back...
- 08:31 £150,000 raised for man who spends life caring for terminally...
- 08:31 Baby & Toddler Of The Year: Send your entries now!
- 08:31 Teenagers threw stones at dog walker in Workington
- 08:31 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:31 WW3 fears as relations COLLAPSE between Malaysia and North Korea...
- 08:31 Adolf Hitler’s telephone used to issue orders in WW2 sells at...
- 08:29 On the move: Latest appointments and promotions
- 08:28 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:28 Greece needs "far less" money than agreed in third bailout - ESM head
- 08:28 Chelsea ace Cesc Fabregas ends exit rumours following Wolves clash