Desperate gymnast Jess Laughton wants £10,000 to amputate leg after NHS refuse operation
A young woman has launched a desperate appeal to raise £10,000 so she can have her own leg amputated.
Jess Laughton, 22, who was a star gymnast at school, has been left bed-ridden since developing Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) after breaking her leg ten years ago.
Miss Laughton, of Cranswick, near Driffield, says the condition is causing her such agony she would rather lose her lower leg than continue living in pain.
More news: Moment 'child groomer' is confronted in sting at Hull Paragon Interchange
She has also developed the neurological condition Dystonia, meaning her foot is... read more
- 17:31 Boss reveals why his player is visiting Chelsea - they've struck deal
- 17:31 Winter vomiting bug hits Ward 36 at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary
- 17:29 Chelsea complete hat-trick as Diego Costa, Antonio Conte and Pedro...
- 17:29 Marc Diakiese slams ‘weak mind’ of Frankie Perez as flamboyant...
- 17:29 UEFA charge Zorya Luhansk over crowd trouble during Europa League...
- 17:29 First drive: 2017 Mercedes E 350 d
- 17:28 Friends double up their Christmas lights after neighbour calls them...
- 17:28 100 residents & businesses attend flood defence meeting in South...
- 17:27 Ireland says euro fiscal rules constraining its investment needs
- 17:27 Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox bids $14.1 billion for UK's Sky
- 17:26 Boss reveals Chelsea ace has been bombarding him with texts: He...
- 17:25 Van blaze on A483 causes heavy traffic near Welshpool
- 17:23 Police chief calls for minimum pricing on alcohol
- 17:22 Tottenham prepare for Manchester United clash at Old Trafford with...
- 17:22 Manchester United star Paul Pogba gives his shirt to a fan causing...
- 17:21 Blackmailer guilty of making man's life "hell"
- 17:21 Lorry and car collide on Bramshall Road
- 17:21 Glider pilot's inquest opens
- 17:21 Louth man (31) to face rape trial next month
- 17:19 Gardener’s appeal after thieves steal van
- 17:18 Tragic star Savenaca Koroibulileka’s wife and sons attend memorial...
- 17:18 It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas in Bourne
- 17:18 Ex-Swiss banker goes home after U.S. loses extradition from Germany
- 17:18 Departing Gregory hails ‘brilliant’ Stratford Town supporters
- 17:17 Drivers spend 11 hours stuck in Castle Street traffic jams in one...
- 17:17 University ‘tells gay student to keep quiet after classmates tell...
- 17:17 How Nokia and Motorola mobile phones are among classics selling for...
- 17:17 New road signs proudly welcome visitors to Hull UK City of Culture
- 17:16 Marcus Rashford will be a centre-forward, says Manchester United...
- 17:16 Police capture convict hiding under van