Derbyshire woman was battered, abused and homeless and now vows to help others
Wendy Cartledge's life has been littered with heartache, tragedy and illness but helping people puts a smile on the 52-year-old's face.
And since opening her charity shop – Give for Good – the kind-hearted mum has turned lives around and made hers happier.
"I sold my three-bed semi so I could open this shop," smiled Wendy, who is described by shop volunteers as "one in a million".
"I ploughed £10,000, all the money I had, into this dream and moved into a one-bedroom rented house so I could afford to rent the building.It was something I wanted to do and I had to find... read more
- 02:10 Cow could soon be largest land mammal left due to human activity –...
- 02:07 How God Of War turned Kratos into one of gaming’s greatest characters
- 02:02 Berlin set for mass evacuation as WW2 bomb is defused
- 01:57 Baize aces collect their awards
- 01:53 Time 100 list: New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern praised as 'political...
- 01:23 South Africa: Ramaphosa leaves Commonwealth summit to deal with...
- 01:22 New 'shadow' council to be set up for north of Northamptonshire
- 01:02 National Trust should be 'radical'
- 00:56 Sudoku hard 4039
- 00:54 Premier League clubs post record profits last season thanks to TV...
- 00:53 ‘Magic’ mushrooms to boost Caledonian Forest restoration
- 00:45 REVEALED: Harrogate Advertiser Business Awards winners 2018
- 00:45 How an asparagus farmer's death spurred robotic innovation
- 00:44 How does he do it? Secrets of David Copperfield’s disappearing...
- 00:44 Chelsea left back Marcos Alonso meets up with friends for a meal...
- 00:41 Premier League club revenues soar to £4.5bn
- 00:39 Bill Carmichael: Theresa May rides out Windrush storm - but Amber...
- 00:39 Charlotte Burns: Little substance to promises of a green future
- 00:39 Leonie Jackson: Why Enoch Powell’s Rivers of Blood speech still...
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: A lack of nuance. Immigration debate still...
- 00:38 Poorest families 'going without food or power'
- 00:36 UK's Alys Tomlinson named photographer of year at Sony awards
- 00:36 Javier Bardem defends Woody Allen: 'I am very shocked by this...
- 00:36 Smartphone overuse increases loneliness and anxiety, and forms...
- 00:36 Crick mum names baby after hotel her waters broke in during...
- 00:35 German swastika ticket row as Hitler play opens in Konstanz
- 00:33 Mystery 'explosion' heard across large parts of Doncaster
- 00:32 Why this India priest carried an 'untouchable' into a temple
- 00:30 Steven Pienaar sees Football Welcomes as great way to bring people...
- 00:29 Europe migrants: Austria to seize migrants' phones in asylum clampdown