Derbyshire rescue centre trying to raise £8,500 for vital operation for Charlie the disabled puppy
Attempts are being made to raise £8,500 for a disabled puppy in order to save his life.
Volunteers at the Hope Animal Rescue Centre, who are caring for poorly pup Charlie, say he needs an operation to correct a spine problem which could paralyse and kill him.
The Long Eaton centre, a registered charity, rescued him from "squalid conditions" and has already raised around £1,500 from more than 50 supporters - but it needs more to make up the shortfall.
IN OTHER NEWS: Warning about dressing pets up at Halloween He needs an operation to fix his spine, which turns at 90 degrees around... read more
- 12:02 Hotel and pub fined over food hygiene
- 12:01 Tata Steel says European steel plans unchanged
- 12:01 11 things you’re now too old to do at Halloween
- 12:01 Calls for Warwickshire people to ‘stand up and fight’ council cuts
- 12:01 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 12:01 Tarporley hosts first inter-schools cross country event of the term
- 12:01 M&S opens pop-up Christmas shop in Leamington
- 12:01 Man in court over suspect North Greenwich Tube device
- 12:00 XV Beyond The Tryline: Watch EXCLUSIVE rugby trailer with Prince...
- 12:00 Tottenham snubbed by Uber over £20m-a-year deal: Picture of model...
- 12:00 This history of McNames - a Scottish surnames McA-Z
- 12:00 Plans to double the number of places at Wellingborough primary school
- 11:59 Diamond confident Cobblers will get Sixfields form back on track
- 11:59 Jones salutes Wood’s improvement after Saints star’s England recall
- 11:59 John Lennon letter to The Queen valued at £60,000 in Liverpool
- 11:57 Manchester United player Henrikh Mkhitaryan was humiliated by Jose...
- 11:56 Former Chancellor Kenneth Clarke MP gives his views to the Herald
- 11:56 Housing and jobs bonanza for Wigan
- 11:56 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Calls to save a once-bustling Worksop street that has fallen off...
- 11:55 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Controversial homes approved
- 11:55 Pensioners can boost their brain power 'by building up their muscle...
- 11:55 When do you start wearing a poppy? Poppy etiquette on Remembrance Day
- 11:55 Acklington WI, Meeting
- 11:54 Sunderland need to show greater resilience in survival fight says...
- 11:54 Swedish central bank holds policy, primes guns for December action
- 11:54 Software company Misys joins list of UK firms to ditch flotation plans
- 11:53 Leeds defender attracting interest from Leicester - reports
- 11:53 Fifty Shades of Grey art exhibition coming to Harrogate