Derbyshire foster families needed for refugee children
0 Have your say Derbyshire residents who can provide a loving home for unaccompanied asylum seeking and refugee children are being urged to contact the county council.
The authority last week approved plans to support the government’s new national transfer scheme, which is designed to ensure an equal distribution of unaccompanied asylum seeking and refugee children (UASC) across the country from areas including Syria, Afghanistan and Eritrea.
The county council will receive funding for each UASC transferred to Derbyshire directly from the government and is now appealing for foster carers... read more
- 14:03 Flammable fancy dress Hallowe’en warning is issued
- 14:03 Jus-Rol factory to be bought by bakery
- 14:03 Pools FA Cup clash switched
- 14:02 Gordon Anglesea: Former police chief guilty of child sex abuse
- 14:01 Carer who fought ISIS has restrictions lifted by police
- 14:01 Stock futures dip as investors assess earnings
- 14:01 Antonio Conte confirms major Chelsea boost: Key man fit to face...
- 14:01 Kevin de Bruyne questions Pep Guardiola's tactics after Barcelona loss
- 14:00 Rugby stars make up guard of honour for Anthony Foley funeral
- 13:59 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte basically confirms John Terry is ready...
- 13:58 Referee Howard Webb reveals former Coventry City striker Craig...
- 13:58 £52K upgrade to Featherstone gas distribution network
- 13:58 Half of British drivers set to hit the road for half-term
- 13:58 Shortlist announced for North East tourism awards
- 13:58 Muslim woman beaten up and threatened with death by family over...
- 13:57 Now KitKat prices may rise due to a weakening pound – cheers Brexit
- 13:56 Port Vale sign former Newcastle United, Hull City and Wigan player...
- 13:56 Firm slammed 'for wrongly stopping tax credit payments'
- 13:55 Christopher Magee said he would do a 'Philpotts' on woman he tried...
- 13:55 Dele Alli like a wild horse, says Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino
- 13:55 A590 and M6 roadworks for the coming week
- 13:53 Prior Park pupils look into the future
- 13:53 Rusty railings are revived along Spittal Promenade
- 13:52 WATCH: I'd swap my first Wrexham AFC goal if it meant FA Cup win...
- 13:52 Scottish Junior Cup preview: Who will still be involved after...
- 13:52 Celebrity singer Kevin Simm to perform on BBC Strictly's It Takes Two
- 13:52 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte speaks out on Jose Mourinho: He's the enemy
- 13:52 Hundreds of rare snow leopards are being killed every year in...
- 13:52 Brian May's Preston concert postponed
- 13:52 Zebra sharks born using artificial insemination could soon arrive...