Derbyshire firm's solar-powered Christmas trees going like hot cakes
A Derbyshire company which supplies solar-powered Christmas trees has said it expects to run out of them by the end of the month because of high demand.
Plantscape, based at Hulland, near Ashbourne, is the only company in the UK that rents out the trees to local authorities. Because the lights on the trees are solar-powered, councils do not have to go through the hassle of putting up wires to supply electricity to them. They are also more cost-effective.
Plantscape first launched the product almost a decade ago - and their popularity has been growing ever since. This year, the firm has more... read more
- 15:24 Rare microscopic organisms discovered in Highland loch
- 15:24 A52 Brian Clough Way signs have gone missing ahead of Derby...
- 15:23 Have Chelsea wrapped up Premier League manager, player, and goal of...
- 15:23 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic insists he has club's support as he...
- 15:23 Promise to start work on Moseley to Birmingham city centre trains...
- 15:22 Pannal residents sent survey over proposed Gypsy and Traveller site
- 15:21 Hatchimals go on sale at Asda and it may be your last chance to get...
- 15:21 Man found dead in old Hull police station named as Tyran Donaldson
- 15:20 SMALL CAP MOVERS: ServicePower soars after takeover; CloudTag also...
- 15:20 Food and drink will get more expensive and choice diminish unless...
- 15:18 Teachers warn against schooling overhaul
- 15:18 Exercising in pollution bad for the heart
- 15:18 Tamworth's biggest panto gets underway this December in the Castle...
- 15:17 Nine things NOT to do at your work Christmas party
- 15:17 PICTURES: ‘Eyesore’ rubble piles appear off Derby Road
- 15:16 Dereck Chisora insists Dillian Whyte 'is the donkey and I am going...
- 15:16 Doncaster Business Awards 2016: Meet the winners
- 15:15 Church service for bereaved parents
- 15:15 12 top tips from Derbyshire fire service on staying safe over...
- 15:14 Shares in Britain's Capita fall further as investors shun strategy
- 15:13 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 15:13 Pig farmer found guilty of animal cruelty - pictures
- 15:12 Monte dei Paschi shares plunge on ECB reports
- 15:12 Streets near city school to be made 20mph zone
- 15:12 Pannal residents sent survey over proposed Gypsy and Traveller site
- 15:11 Plans finally in motion to transform derelict Sheffield Ski Village...
- 15:11 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 15:11 Nostalgia: More details unearthed about last rural postie
- 15:11 Revealed: brand new plans for 500 homes on old DRI site
- 15:11 Burton pub is handing out a free pints to celebrate its 1,000th...